PDA

View Full Version : Tuning a turbot derv

turboderv
24-09-02, 06:35 PM
Hello all, I'm new on here so expect a few daft questions some of you may have been asked a thousand times for which I apologise in advance! :?

However, the reason for my post....

I might be changing jobs soon which may mean me driving 100 - 200miles a day so I rekon I'm gunna need a derv - hence my choice of a Nova TD.

I've looked on the PNG site and there seems to be 2 different types of turbo diesel, one with more power than the other - how can I tell which one I'm looking at?

And for my next question....*drumroll*.....how can I make the bad boy perform a bit better? is it possible to put a bleed valve type thing on these as you can on a petrol turbot?

Any (serious) comments/advice would be V. much appreciated....
:oops:

Cheers y'all,

Turboderv. :wink:

turboderv
25-09-02, 02:14 PM
Cheers for all the help guys - it was much appreciated... :roll:

I'll remember to come back here again when I need help.....

Turboderv. :cry:

Rusty 16v
25-09-02, 03:32 PM
Geeze, give people a chance, not everyone knows about diesels.

You could do the following to make it a bit better: Filter, zorst, increase fuel pressure, up the boost, big intercooler

Breeny
25-09-02, 03:50 PM
Have a look on the features page. I believe theres a tuned diesel on there. Alternatively talk to the diesal expert himself Mr Micky Owens :)

turboderv
25-09-02, 08:59 PM
Fanx for replying chaps.

Sorry for jumping the gun I just thought someone would've been able to help me a bit sooner having heard about this fountain of knowledge that is Novaload! :D

Sorry if I peed anyone off.... :cry:

turboderv.