PDA

View Full Version : wilwood brakes?

tony k
30-06-08, 07:51 PM
my mates got a set of wilwood brakes for sale they are the superlite ones which fit under 15" wheels and lower he bought them for his cortina but decided he dont want them no more because he wants to run 13" wheels just want to know if these are worth buying it needs the backing plates to mount to the hubs (and does anyone know what size spacer brackets i need) but are these worth buying there brand new still all boxed he said he wants 250 for them but are they worth buying plus whats the difference between these and the midilites and also whats (lug mount) and (radial mount) just wanted some other peoples advice on these aswell before i say yes or no to him
cheers

tony k
01-07-08, 05:18 PM
?

nathan.
01-07-08, 06:59 PM
has your full stop button broken?

You can get new wilwoods for roughly the same price as that.
you'll need discs, spacers and pads which will bump the price up.
You should be able to get these from rally design.

matt_vaughan
01-07-08, 10:38 PM
Yeh I think you'll find that by the time you've added everything up like nathan said, you could probably have bought a brand new kit from rally design or similar.

Plus, what are you using the car for...is it really worth installing 4 pots?

tony k
01-07-08, 11:08 PM
just been on rally designs site there got a set on there .as nathan and you said the time i buy all the bits it will cost more.and i do need a good brake setup coz i drive like a **** and will be doing a few track days no and again
going for this kit on rallydesign
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_563_576&products_id=4003&osCsid=6nl7f0je5rpmk0pq7e4tu6mi41
or this one
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=562_563_576&products_id=4005&osCsid=6nl7f0je5rpmk0pq7e4tu6mi41
dont know what one to decide yet

matt_vaughan
02-07-08, 07:33 AM
Personally I'd go for the ~£350 one. No nova is going to push those brakes to "breaking point" to be honest. I also dont think you'll notice a massive difference between the two.

tony k
02-07-08, 06:10 PM
i was thinking the same cheers matt