PDA

View Full Version : Nova Group A Front Knuckles/Flanges?

krobinson
30-06-08, 07:36 PM
Last year I had my front knuckles machined out with group A bearings, and my cavalier flange's machined to suit.

However I've since come across a problem and had the bearings pressed out, only to find the stupid machinist had made a complete mess, one side had a double circlip fitted and the other the bearing freely moved around.

I'm wondering has anyone successfully had this done? Any photos/measurements etc I'm going to have to source another pair of flanges, bearings and knuckles to get this all re-done. I want to have more info on doing this before taking it all to a machine shop.

Thanks

Keith

krobinson
30-06-08, 08:52 PM
Bumpy :)

R1CH
30-06-08, 09:56 PM
Surely they cant be scrap ?? Whats actually wrong with them, pics ?
Unfortunatly i didn't take any pics / measurments when i had mone done, plus i'm not great at explaining things ... so probly not gonna be much use !!

Welsh Dan
30-06-08, 10:00 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=813793&postcount=188

Any use?

krobinson
30-06-08, 10:15 PM
Surely they cant be scrap ?? Whats actually wrong with them, pics ?
Unfortunatly i didn't take any pics / measurments when i had mone done, plus i'm not great at explaining things ... so probly not gonna be much use !!

Yeah they are mate, they've machined the hole to big one one, so its not an interfearence fit, instead I can push the bearing in with my hand. Both have the circlip's bored in too far apart, one had two circlips fitted to make up the gap. Both driving flanges are machined differently with both collars being a different depth, mostly down to the fact that one bearing was spaced back with two circlips and the other with one.

They are an absolute shambles, and i'm glad i've taken them apart to find out. I'm going to run with some machined cavalier flanges into standard Nova bearings for now, and see about re-doing these at a later date.

Keith