PDA

View Full Version : engines.... again!

mikeoxford
23-09-02, 11:28 PM
posted this.....
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65112

just wondered if it was true that it is down on BHP to what it should be? ill ask a bit more about it tonight.

it was rebuilt 5k ago, so i doubt it is that thrashed, again i will ask

i dont know what to do.

as i want twin 40s and a cam, but dont want down time of being carless for AGES so i wanted to do a straight swap if poss, but it seems pretty negative by the vote.....?

ill see what replies i get but guys please help!

it either has to be this modded engine or my 1400 as insurance IS an issue, so no 2ltr conversion on the cards for me in the next year at least.

no claims comes soon wahoooo

mikeoxford
24-09-02, 12:11 AM
if you click the link you wil get the spec, basically it was doing 101 BHP BEFORE the cam.

so i guess it dpends what its doin now wether i keep or rebuild the 1.4

Cheese
24-09-02, 01:04 AM
Really up to you what you want to do mate, If you want to have a go at building your own engine, then why not pick up a cheap second hand 1400 engine from the scrapyard/breakers/or someone whos done a 2litre conversion, etc. And rebuild that with all the tuning parts you want. That way you can still drive about with your current engine, buy the parts you want, and at the end of it you have an engine that YOU know exactly what has been done to it. :)
Unfortunately most Nova engines are thrashed, and arn't really treated the way they should be, :( so theres a chance this one will be too..
Build your own engine, it will be worth it in the end :twisted:

Hope this helps

Ben :)

Aragorn
24-09-02, 09:04 PM
if u want the best nova engine u can find at a scrap yard - look in saloons

they tend to be driven by older people who look after them and rarely take em over 3krpm :)

ive had two saloons:

one on 80k and the other at 97k both engines (1.4 and 1.2) are fine with no smoke or shite comin from zorst

bob
24-09-02, 11:33 PM
Ive got biggest part of a 1400 sat in my garage mate,my bro accidentally snapped the camshaft bolt off in the cam,n I had a replacement 1400 neways,could be good for a rebuild? if u can collect wud be urs for not much,missing gearbox and all ancillaries,until I get my gte lump in...