PDA

View Full Version : tips for rally style car

jon_boy
23-09-02, 06:00 PM
not sure if this is the right forum to post this. but basically how much can i expect to pay for a second hand bolt in roll cage? i basically want to strip out my car and give it a rally feel. just the two front seats roll cage carpet and coulour coded (in blue) up front. any one got any tips? cheers

Ben (lurk75)
24-09-02, 12:19 AM
you can pay anything from ?50 to 500 for a secondhand cage, you can get a rear cage brand new from ?110 this is quite basic but you can always add door bars etc at a later date, i have just bought a full cage off Colin Smith wich has twin triangulation, front section, door bars for ?275, this was designed for cars with a sunroof so will go into my GSi very easily. Yopu can buy a similar cage from safety devices brand new for the same kind of money but as this one has got the extra diagnols it really stands out and does look the part.

Dan 16v was selling quite a nice cage i dont know if he still has it. As you only want a replica you can go for something like the sport cages from Dimma as they are just for show (they dont actually sell a nova one but i know a guy who makes them for Dimma and he makes them for novas)

All depens what your willing to spend as you can find one to fit any budget.

?Marty?
25-09-02, 02:29 AM
Have a look at www.motorsportdirect.co.uk

Iain will sort you out.

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 05:51 PM
I use him a lot :!: :lol:

Cheap and very reliable :!:

v1nce
27-09-02, 04:20 PM
any1 sin that red nova with a completly strip interior?? i mean seats carpet DASH BOARD the lot. got a sense of humour thou hes got a comfort badge on the dash

avon_nova
28-09-02, 11:00 AM
Comfort hehe. I bought Dan16v's half cage it's made by Rollcentre.

They're good quality FIA spec the tubes are all welded together not bolted.
50mm main hoop with 40mm diagonals. It cost him ?260.

Their number is 01480 464052

jon_boy
29-09-02, 01:33 PM
i found an FIA approved (i intend to have a crack at rallying anyway) roll cage on supernovas.uk.com. im not sure on the price as yet but it looks nice. the non rally one is 175 with the back diagonals. sweet. is there anywhere i can get a carpet that would cover the enitre floor in the back incl. the suspension pillar bits. and is it best to put a board over the entire floor to level it all out. cheers, jon