PDA

View Full Version : new ebay..

Rich
28-06-08, 03:01 PM
Is it just me or is it 100% crap? If it aint broke dont fix it.

Im trying to search for cars, if i decide to change a word in my search i have to then reselect cars and my other options. Its really annoying me, anyone know if its possible to change it back to the old style like its possible to change forum skins etc? Dont think its possible but you never know

Rich
28-06-08, 03:05 PM
I got rid of it as soon as i went back on lol

I pressed enter to search without typing anything and it came up with 'opt out of this test'

All back to normal :)

ck
28-06-08, 03:22 PM
its f-in crap for sure. really hate it. ive opted out many tmes and now it wont give me that option, a nice ****ty e-mail has been sent to ebay as its really getting on my nerves.

Jack
28-06-08, 05:05 PM
Mine is the other way round, it uses the old style search, but has an option to try the new one.

Basically, they've modified it so it automatically goes off and searches for things you may also be interested in. Oddly enough, if I type in "nova bumper", thats what I want to search for. Not nova wheels, bodykits, neons, a burberry cap, or a half empty pot of jam.

Mike
28-06-08, 05:09 PM
I opted out the day they started it lol if youve been ranked an "eBay star" like moi, once you opt out, it stays out for good :D

walshc
28-06-08, 06:20 PM
Its the same for me :confused: using the new search feature or "opting out" :confused:
Whats the difference? i cant see one :tard:

ck
29-06-08, 04:38 PM
i dont get the option to opt out:( im on 184 feedback and 100%, got a star :D they e-mailed me basicly saying, get used to it because at the end of july it will stay as the new way with the old style gone:(

Rich
29-06-08, 04:47 PM
Hopfully they will improve it by then, otherwise im going to stop using ebay! steals all my money anyways lol

Its not actually that different, but they got rid of the second search bar witht he little drop down menu next to it. If they put that back in all would be fine again!

Mazz
29-06-08, 06:28 PM
tbh, the only bit that annoys me the face you can't change searches easy once you've searched - if you follow me!

Rich
29-06-08, 10:48 PM
yeah thats the problem im having with it, other than that i dont see a difference

Rick Draper
30-06-08, 12:05 AM
And i want to know why you cannot neg people anymore. Makes feedback a utter bollocks.

Jack
30-06-08, 09:11 AM
The official line is sellers can't leave negative feedback to buyers because buyers sometimes avoid leaving negative feedback in fear of receiving it themselves for no reason.

The reality is that ebay are too busy/lazy (delete as appropriate) to investigate the growing number complaints about negative feedback being left. Although I would assume a seller could still ask for "unfair" negative feedback to be investigated and/or removed from their record.

I can see why people think its daft, but then theoretically a seller should have no reason to leave negative feedback. If a buyer reneged on a deal, the seller should start an NPB process via ebay, technically the sale wouldn't be completed and no feedback left. If the seller got their money and goods were sent, even if the buyer was useless the deal was still completed, again no reason for negative to be left - neutral, yes; negative, no.

Jack
30-06-08, 08:39 PM
And on the subject of ebay, has anyone had a message when they sign in saying that ebay will soon be checking what computer you log into - if its not the computer you "usually" use, they will ring you to confirm its actually you using it :tard:

KSRY
30-06-08, 09:03 PM
And on the subject of ebay, has anyone had a message when they sign in saying that ebay will soon be checking what computer you log into - if its not the computer you "usually" use, they will ring you to confirm its actually you using it :tard:

Seriously? thats a joke!

Mazz
01-07-08, 07:35 AM
No, i've had that too..

Mazz
01-07-08, 07:39 AM
Infact : http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/identity-confirmation.html

burgo
01-07-08, 07:41 AM
Seriously? thats a joke!how is it a bad thing??

Jack
01-07-08, 08:53 AM
Because every time I use what ebay consider to be a "different" computer, they will ring me to check its me. What if they don't ring? What if I don't have my phone on me? What if the battery is dead? Fine if you're Joe Average who only uses his home PC and bids with 9 days left on a 10 day auction, but if you use lots of different computers, OR a dynamic IP address and keep clearing your cookies, you're going to be taking a lot of phone calls! And what happens if I'm using my mobile? The call will interrrupt my net usage, and probably disconnect me (Orange net connection is crap anyway lol)

One assumes they won't let you into your account unless they confirm its you on the phone. Daft idea IMO.

Dod
01-07-08, 09:27 AM
Call me ignorant, but whats the difference?