PDA

View Full Version : the fuckers who had a go at me locks with a screwdriver

snapper
23-09-02, 04:54 PM
hello all. bit pee'd off at the moment, my car was broken into last night, on my goddamn driveway and the locks were chomped up with a screwdriver and the face plate of me head unit is missing.

and a bunch of *cough* legally copied cd's...

my question is: is it possible to buy a new set of lock cylinders or whatever from vauxhall or a scrappy and how hard are they to fit? and can anyone recommend a semi-decent/cheap alarm system?

this is the second time me cars been broken into! :evil:

cheers

fleming
23-09-02, 06:27 PM
I know how u feel mate, have had mine done twice now. Feckin scum. When i had mine done i rung my local vauxhall dealer, i took my key into them and they took a photocopy of it. They then ordered a lock to fit my key. Was ?30 for the lock, nice thing is i can use the same key still for my boot and fuel cap! Saves havin two different keys. Only took a couple of days to come through. Hope this helps.

jon_boy
23-09-02, 06:33 PM
ah glad i read this cos my car gets broken into lots and now has five diff keys i think. gonna make my way to me vauxhall dealer

James B
24-09-02, 12:00 AM
happened to me aswel recently, the cnuts eh. i took mine to local vauxhall garage and they took number off VIN plate to get the key code. Lock barrel and whatever arrived within 3 days and cost just short of ?30, they wanted that much again to fit it so i had a bash myself, it wasnt too hard, used the trusty haynes manual to help me along the way, it is possible to do it yourself but if u got ?30 to spend if you cant be arsed then might aswel get it done by them, they'd do it in about half the time aswel!

James

snapper
24-09-02, 04:44 PM
cheers lads. didn't have ?30 to spend on locks so i went to the scrappy and got a full set (doors, boot and petrol cap) for ?15.

and a cassette player for ?3 :lol:

if i catch the bastards though, they're gonna be eating potato salad outta my shoe for a looonnngg time :twisted:

ade
24-09-02, 10:13 PM
sods law that - fitting is a piece of piss - remove door card and its held in place with a c clip. Nova is probably the easiest car to break into bar the citroen 2cv!

I recommend delocking the car.

Good alarm = toad, or similar. Will set you back a couple of hundred but saves the hastle.

Prevention rather than cure etc...etc...

Next time they could nick the car - then youd be gutted!

U gotta a wwird way of dealing with scumbags - potato salad?! WTF! :o

I prefer castrol GTX down the throat and a length of barbed wire up the arse! not nice! :twisted:

jamesdarlington
29-09-02, 11:54 PM
Hi mate sadly mine has also been broken into 3 times now (i live in Luton lol no surprise) and on 2 of the occasions they punched the door lock with a screw driver so what i done was invest in some Solex door locks ?25-30 from max power, piece a piss to fit and absolutely no way of breaking with a screw driver. They are more of a crook lock style lock the round one with the hole in the centre, not had it broken into again.

carltoncrazy
30-09-02, 10:00 PM
jus a question,did you have to break ya steering lock to drive home?also do u mean bump start?
getting locks from vauxhall.didnt no bout that,sum1 had ago at mine,but the key still works.
yes vauxhall and fords are well known for being easy to run off with

jamesdarlington
02-10-02, 08:00 PM
Kinda ironic but mine has just been broken into AGAIN! This time they cut the back window seal and cleanly took out the WHOLe back window and kindly placed it on the floor for me. Didnt actually take anything but cost me ?30 to get it sorted. Ive come to the conclusion that there simply isnt anything you can do to stop these b******s getting into your Nova. I have an alarm crook lock face off stereo and high security locks so they just take my fu***ng window out. But luckily I have an idea who it might be so me and some lads will be sitting up waiting for the C**ts and will give em a bit of a shock. Seeya lads