PDA

View Full Version : digi clocks

pete22
22-09-02, 11:48 PM
hi everyone, im a newbie so be gentle with me , can any one tell me how to fit digi clocks in my nova . ive got the clocks and the speedo sender but dont know how to wire or if i need any other bits , all advice appreciated

mix n match
23-09-02, 10:16 PM
is it a mk1 or 2 dash m8 :?:

Aragorn
23-09-02, 10:46 PM
there is a guide at www.vauxnova.co.uk that takes u thru most of it

u only need general tools - screw driver, wire cutters, some screw connectors to rejoin wires

also if your car is not a sports model SR/GTE then u wont get the pressure guage for teh oil workin correcly tho this is explained on the guide

pete22
24-09-02, 11:48 AM
its a mk 1 1.2 merit i aint too bothered about the oil gauge but my car aint got rev counter how do i connect that

Aragorn
24-09-02, 09:07 PM
if u had looked at that site you would find it tells you how to do it

BUT your gonna have a hard time getting the dash into the mk1

your better getting an entire mk2 dash from a scrapyard and fitting that before attempting to fit the digi

pete22
25-09-02, 05:04 PM
ive been on that site now cheers m8

pete22
25-09-02, 05:07 PM
ive been on that site now cheers m8 how hard is it to fit a mark 2 dash. my mate bought a mk 1 with a mk 2 dash and it was sagging in the middle

Ben (lurk75)
25-09-02, 05:16 PM
the dashs are very easy to swap your mates dash obviously wasnt fitted correctly, just take your time.

As for the digi dash why :?: There outdated and it will give you readings thatare way off the truth :!:

Why not try and get a mk5 golf dash the glowing blue and red ones, they will fit with some work. :idea:

Aragorn
25-09-02, 06:37 PM
um my digi is as accurate as the standard dials up to 80mph so i aint really complaining

i used the speed sender that was already there for the ECU and left the speedo atttached while testing with the digi dash on the passener seat attched to 12v power and the speed sender - it was reading about 1mph hihger than the old dial upto about 30 after that it was as good as identical

pete22
25-09-02, 08:03 PM
cheers for the info lads i just need to find a mk 2 dash now ,if u know anyone selling one cheep let me know

mikesri
25-09-02, 10:52 PM
Dont do the mk2 conversion, be different! i put a digi dah in my mk1 1.2. with a bit of work it looked really tidy and smart. To get it in you have to cut some of the surround away but if you get a dial surround out of a cavvy mk2 it covers this. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!

DO IT, BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!