PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to europe recently???

gary_1.2Merit
25-06-08, 09:29 PM
Im just wondering if anyone has hired a car from hertz in europe recently. Im going to denmark in 3 weeks and just wondering what hire car there going to give. The catergory is small economy (2/4 Door).

Stuart
25-06-08, 09:44 PM
probably a 107 :D

thats what I've got for when I goto spain for one night next week

gary_1.2Merit
26-07-08, 04:54 PM
well i just got back from me hols to denmark (well all scandinavia) and they upgraded us to a Focus stationwagon :) had lots of toys etc twas the facelift version too :)

boyle_46
27-07-08, 12:48 PM
no car revs as high as a hire car lol .

craig green
28-07-08, 11:49 AM
No tyres squeal as loud as hire car tyres.

Drive it like you borrowed it! (in a foreign country)

Philsutton
28-07-08, 12:23 PM
I never return a fully working hire car, its just one of those things that has to be done. Make sure you dont some long periods of limiter riding as well.

Stuart
28-07-08, 12:35 PM
The Corsa D 1.4twinport I got as the hirecar instead of the 107, was the fastest car in the world!!!!

Managed to muller nearly a whole tank of fuel in 100 miles, the brakes sounded rough when I took it back and I turned off the INSP light on the dash so thats gonna miss a service lol.

The ABS is stunning though!!!!! one of the best I've used. It permitted small amounts of lock up to permit good fast roundabout entry etc. I wouldnt want to own a corsa D but in terms of abusing it I was impressed.

Dod
28-07-08, 01:05 PM
We had a Scooby Outback years ago in Canada. Was mighty crack throwing it round all the back roads outside Toronto. IIRC, it was returned with a rear bumper spat and mud flap missing and a bent rear wishbone. Nothing noticable but my uncle had to pay for it afterwards.