PDA

View Full Version : Couple of quick questions! Electrical related.

Mofo
22-09-02, 10:26 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie here!

I've got a 1.4 SR and I have two questions so if anyone can give some help.

1) Can someone tell me where to find the buzzer connection for when you accidentally leave the headlights on? I cant seem to find it and it needs to be reconnected.

2) I cant seem to flash my headlights when I pull the left indicator arm towards me. It works when I have the lights on and you push the arm away from you and it's in the on position. Is this a problem internally with the switches in the arm or something else?

fo0q
22-09-02, 11:30 PM
there aint no warning buzzers on novas as far as i know...
havent a clue about ur second question

Ben (lurk75)
22-09-02, 11:37 PM
there is, dont know where but is and it aint nice horrible buzzing !

Mofo
23-09-02, 12:14 AM
I know it's somewhere behind the dash but where I dunno? I will have to take a proper look tommorow and see what's there.

Thx!

ollster
23-09-02, 01:17 AM
its at the back of the fuse box where the relays are, it looks like a relay itself. Ive got a buzzer off another car from the vauxhall range and it makes a nice pinging sound instead of that horrible noise

Mofo
23-09-02, 07:49 PM
Hi Ollster!

Thanks buddy! I was having a good look around today and I had my suspisions that it was behind the fuse box. It looks like a small relay just like you said. It's a little uncomfortable to get to but I will have to fix it up with another one.

The pinging sound is more better me thinks. :)

Thx!

Alex
24-09-02, 03:22 PM
do you know what vauxhall the warning buzzer that pings is from?

Mofo
24-09-02, 10:03 PM
Hi Alex,

Is it the Vectra? I wonder how many different sounding warning buzzer sounds there are? :?

It's uncomfortable to fiddle around under there so I will have to remove the drivers side tray to get to it a bit easier :|

Thanx

ade
24-09-02, 10:44 PM
think the pings from a corsa.

To get at yer fuse relays easier, take shelf out, then take the cover of fuses and you can slide the tray out. The unit unclips at the top and can then be pulled down. There isnt much room but you can get bettter access that way.

Getting it back is a little fiddley - there are 2 feet at the top on each side -they line up with grooves near the top - its a case of wiggle and slide.

haynes wiring diagram labels the components as S47 for buzzer switch and e19 for buzzer itself. depends on year where it is on the circuit diagrams. Its usually linked to the doors - once they open it goes off - runs through fuse 16 or 18 on the panel according to the diagram. Has the following colours coming from it -
grey going in
grey / green on one output
black on the other output

(colours apply to year 90 upwards models)

hope this helps

Ade
:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
24-09-02, 11:41 PM
bored again Ade :?:

ade
25-09-02, 11:39 AM
yep!

bird went to bed early last night - tv sh1te nowt else to do!

I put a white coat on and have a pocket full of pens when I log on!

Look out Les from Vic Reeves big nite out!

LOL

:D

rob.slader
25-09-02, 12:51 PM
Mofo, I have the same problem as you with the full beam not working when you pull it back, but working with the lights on when you push the stalk forward. I have taken my steering cowling apart and found a burnt out wire, it goes to pin 30 on the left hand stalk, but I can't seem to trace it anywhere, I have used a multimeter also and traced every one apart from that one. If you find out what caused your problem can you let me know? Cos I have given up, I have already replaced the whole stalk so that wasn't the problem. We may have totally seperate problems here also!!!! Nightmare!

Mofo
26-09-02, 10:10 PM
Hi ade,

Thanks for all the info. When I get some time I'll have to get to work on it. You've provided me with some good knowledge.

Rob I will have a look at that problem as soon as I get some other things sorted out. I've got a feeling it's a faulty switch. Hopefully it wont cost and loads to get sorted out.

I'll let you know how goes :wink:

whitey
27-09-02, 01:11 PM
The buzzer connection is in the door as well, when the keys are out of ignition and lights on nothin happens, but as soon as you open the door!!!!!, take the little screw off of the button thing which turns on the curtesy light and there is two connections, one is for the buzza other is for curtosy!

CHRIS

Mofo
27-09-02, 10:57 PM
Thanks Whitey :wink:

Mofo
28-09-02, 07:15 PM
Ok,

Had a really good look under the front dash today but no luck. There was one wire disconnected from the drivers side courtesy switch so I attached that and hoped it would work but NOPE!

Tried to trace the wires but they go into a bunch thats all wrapped up so you cant follow it. Damn this is anoying. :cry:

rob.slader
02-10-02, 07:13 PM
I know the feeling. It's a bastard as you cant get in behind the dash to un-wrap the loom and trace things if you need to. I got well annoyed when doing mine and gave up! :twisted: