PDA

View Full Version : up and over garage doors

ednovasr2
25-06-08, 02:52 PM
If you've not been told already these are very easy to break into. I chased off some C**ts with iron bar who got into mine (luckly I was in).

I could of lots £1000's of kit, welder's. compressor, tools, bikes, drill's etc.....

I've screwed mine shut from the inside as have acess via locked back door into garden. Just remove screws when want to open it!

They do a bolt in the ground thing that goes at the bottom of door called a garage door stop.

Dont make it easy for em! :thumb: it was day light sunday afternoon with loads of people around cutting lawns etc.....cought one of them n he's getting 8months in young offenders (should have hands cut off!:eek: )

meritlover
25-06-08, 02:56 PM
its usually easier than that, the ones that have 'pins' at the side corners and be opened with a spade or thin plate without even distorting the door and making a noise. we have reinforced ours so this cant happen as we also have many expensive tools and rare breeds of chickens in our sheds,

thank you for raising this important issue! i hope others take heep before its too late for them!!

Dod
25-06-08, 02:59 PM
Piff, Push the top in and pull the bottom out and Thats it!! I got a Roller door, electric with 2 remote controlls. cost €1400 but well worth it. Now the thieving *******s come through my Double Glazed Windows.

Jim
25-06-08, 03:06 PM
I've got one opf these up and over doors, I was able to break into it using just a wall paper scrapper once, but no more as I've automated it :) In fact, Myself, CP and MC automate garage doors as part of our business. If any of you are interested, contact us for more details.

Stuart
25-06-08, 03:14 PM
Jim, can you motorise my garden shed door? I'm too lazy to open it manually

mowgli
25-06-08, 04:31 PM
my neighbour was horrified when he'd locked his house keys in his garage & i broke in round a padlock & sliding bolt in 10 seconds without any noticeable damage.....He accused me of being a cat burglar, I told him there was no market for resprayed cats.

craig green
25-06-08, 05:29 PM
I've screwed mine shut from the inside as have acess via locked back door into garden. Just remove screws when want to open it!

What I wouldve suggested.

Quite a few years ago, my mates moms (he's american) had her garage broken into for his downhill MTB's.

Car had handbrake cable cut & rolled back out the way, garage door had locks driulled & padlocks cropped. 3 bikes were taken. :(

draper
25-06-08, 06:28 PM
i have 2 brackets for the bottom to stop them leavering the door open and ive also disconected the cable from the handle so it cant be opened from outside at all

plus my window and door have iron bars acroos them so no entry there either

NovaLad
25-06-08, 06:44 PM
Mine is a slide up and over 1 on some gay runners but i have put a extra catch at the bottom to hold it shut.

mowgli
25-06-08, 07:17 PM
http://thedapperlad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/gay-finish.jpg?w=257&h=300 (http://thedapperlad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/gay-finish.jpg)http://thedapperlad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/gay-finish.jpg?w=257&h=300 (http://thedapperlad.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/gay-finish.jpg) Gay runners. Cough Cough

NovaLad
25-06-08, 07:18 PM
What's this?

Spot the difference lol.

mowgli
25-06-08, 07:21 PM
two gay runners, they hold your garage door up....

NovaLad
25-06-08, 07:22 PM
http://www.friedmanarchives.com/China/Page1/images/4%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg

Jack
25-06-08, 07:45 PM
Is Novalad a hobo?

SURVEY SAYS....

http://www.friedmanarchives.com/China/Page1/images/4%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg

ednovasr2
25-06-08, 09:08 PM
Piff, Push the top in and pull the bottom out and Thats it!! I got a Roller door, electric with 2 remote controlls. cost €1400 but well worth it. Now the thieving *******s come through my Double Glazed Windows.

ah ha fit bar on the windows, CCTV in and out to catch them and 24v electic fence fitted to bars n door!

my mate who has a farm just gave me one! LOL:thumb:

ednovasr2
25-06-08, 09:14 PM
:D
What I wouldve suggested.

Quite a few years ago, my mates moms (he's american) had her garage broken into for his downhill MTB's.

Car had handbrake cable cut & rolled back out the way, garage door had locks driulled & padlocks cropped. 3 bikes were taken. :(

Dont get me wrong if they want to get it they will (hence the above) just sugesting that 30sec's with some screws works well.
Help's prevent, not stop some oppertunist ameter pikey git!

Industrail roller shutter will stop em unless they ram it with a volvo or big van!:thumb: Some post's, CCTV, laser guided & heat seeking missels, gun rack of the same 24hr SAS coverage :thumb: etc.....that should do it oh and James Bond jame for good classey measure LOLlol

mowgli
25-06-08, 10:03 PM
stick a drop down bollard in front of an up & over door. great deterent

Stuart
25-06-08, 10:31 PM
Just dont have a garage, cant be broken into then ;)

Dod
25-06-08, 10:37 PM
ah ha fit bar on the windows, CCTV in and out to catch them and 24v electic fence fitted to bars n door!

Way ahead of you mate, Got Concrete Reinforcing Mesh on the windows connected to a 240volt charge. Shouldnt kill them but just give them a shock.

Jim
26-06-08, 08:25 AM
Way ahead of you mate, Got Concrete Reinforcing Mesh on the windows connected to a 240volt charge. Shouldnt kill them but just give them a shock.
I hope you have signs saying it's electrified, otherwise expect to be sued by the little runts that try to break in.

Stu, yes, we can automate your garden shed, but tbh, you should keep it manual as you need the exercise, lol :p ;)

Dod
26-06-08, 09:25 AM
I hope you have signs saying it's electrified, otherwise expect to be sued by the little runts that try to break in.

Nope!! Pikies cant read anyway!! Actually, the whole electrifying thing was suggested to me by a Cop. He reckons that all i have to do is remove the wiring and say they're lieing!! :D

mowgli
26-06-08, 10:40 AM

any electric fence uses an input voltage of around 12v dc, into a coil. The feed voltage simply gets transformed to get to that voltage. it then discharges a harmless but painful shock of about 9000v dc into the circuit every 2 seconds.....

It doesn't kill them, of burn their tadger off, it just makes their joints ache for about 10 minutes.

not much of a deterrent because a pair of rubber gloves will protect you from it.

Jim
26-06-08, 11:50 AM
Nope!! Pikies cant read anyway!! Actually, the whole electrifying thing was suggested to me by a Cop. He reckons that all i have to do is remove the wiring and say they're lieing!! :D
Do you really think in todays ****ed up P.C. world you'll get away with it? I'm all for frying pikies, but they aren't as stupid as you think. If there is money to be made they will find a means of getting it.

Dod
26-06-08, 01:11 PM
I'm 100% confident that in that case that yes, I would get away with it. The travelling comunity got a real wake up call last year after one of them was shot 6 times, beaten with a stick and left to die after an attempted robbery and the guy that killed him walked out of Court with a Murder Conviction Quashed for it. So I reckon they're gonna think twice before ****ing about like they have been now.

NASTYNOVA
26-06-08, 02:39 PM
im no worried bout people tryin to get into my lockup!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/20156975/ABCD0001-4.jpg
no chance there gettin in!!:thumb:

Dod
26-06-08, 02:42 PM
Erm, just remove some of the tin on the roof? A Crowbar and 2 minutes and they're in!!

NASTYNOVA
26-06-08, 02:44 PM
nope!! theres another skin under that, and a dog round the back!! plus the fence is too flimsy to climb on, and its too high to get on wihout something to stand on!!

ednovasr2
03-07-08, 07:59 PM
im no worried bout people tryin to get into my lockup!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/20156975/ABCD0001-4.jpg
no chance there gettin in!!:thumb:

thats not bad but makes you look like got loads worth of kit to hide. A-team eat your heart out! but i would look at the roof issue!:thumb: