PDA

View Full Version : fcuk fords - my rant

jimbob-mcgrew
25-06-08, 02:19 AM
:mad: ive had enough of stinkin fords, there crap - mechanically if you want to do ANYTHING its a pain in the **** in comparison to vauxhalls, you need all sorts of special tools, and i swear the designers have laid everything out in such a way to screw you over the most they can without the design being stupid and putting the gearbox inside the sump, there generally poorer build quality, everything seems weaker, even tho the majority of there cars weigh more.. i mean wtf are they playing at, bar an oldskool mk.1 fiesta, all the fords ive owned ive had probs with everything, and vauxhalls have been sound to work on and drive. **** **** bollocks fords ****hole ****s never again, vauxhalls forever. :cry: let it all out :cry:

NovaLad
25-06-08, 02:21 AM
How long did it take you to realise this?

Rick Draper
25-06-08, 02:31 AM
Blow my twadger.

Riggy
25-06-08, 02:42 AM
PMSL @ rick

Mike
25-06-08, 06:44 AM
lol there not that bad.

Philsutton
25-06-08, 08:18 AM
If your getting worked up over badly designed cars, get yourself a french car and work on that. You'll never say a bad thing about fords again lol

Stuart
25-06-08, 08:45 AM
If your getting worked up over badly designed cars, get yourself a french car and work on that. You'll never say a bad thing about fords again lol

Agreed.

oh and as for ranting about the gearbox in the sump.... try an old mini/anything with an A-series

Then also try working on a V6 Omega.... lmfao

so in short my Jimbob, chill, stop ranting and relax.

DaveyLC
25-06-08, 09:15 AM
Blimey, you think fords are complicated?? You want to try working on a French car..

Engine out, subframe off to change a fuse.. lol :D

Dod
25-06-08, 09:50 AM
Blimey, you think fords are complicated?? You want to try working on a French car..

Engine out, subframe off to change a fuse.. lol :D

Mate, I think you're doing it wrong!!

Ford have been ****e lately, poor build quality and aweful reliability. But as for the special tools, Vauxhall are the same. Seriously, who in here had ****ed up a 9mm socket trying to get the torques off on an Ecotec style engine?

DaveyLC
25-06-08, 10:04 AM
Seriously, who in here had ****ed up a 9mm socket trying to get the torques off on an Ecotec style engine?

Buy some fooking tools then you tight bastid lol

You cant get any more simpler than modern vauxhall engines, they are plug and play, takes no time to remove an engine with the modern twin looms, quick release coolant lines etc.

dan16v
25-06-08, 10:12 AM
I found working on my ford far batter than the let nova! loads of room! also feels a solid car:thumb:

Philsutton
25-06-08, 10:36 AM
Agreed.

oh and as for ranting about the gearbox in the sump.... try an old mini/anything with an A-series

Then also try working on a V6 Omega.... lmfao

so in short my Jimbob, chill, stop ranting and relax.

Oh noes I forgot about the V6 omega, that is seriously not a fun car to work on engine wise. I mean you actually cant get a head off in the car (well you can but it will take you about a week to do a head gasket on one lol

craig green
25-06-08, 10:46 AM
Vauxhalls success in the 80' & 90's was partly down to the ease of maintainance & simplicity of design.

It all strted going out the window though in the late 90's as cars became more complex.

Definately agree on the french car comment, odd things. I only drive a FORD because I'm paid to.

Dod
25-06-08, 10:48 AM
It all strted going out the window though in the late 90's as cars became more complex.

Exactly my point. Well said CG.

Jack
25-06-08, 11:04 AM
Jap FTW! :D

/fetches coat

Riggy
25-06-08, 11:11 AM
be gone jack lol

AlexW
25-06-08, 11:11 AM
I surpose it depends what your doing on it! Changing the head on my mums clio was easy, the engine change on the xsara was easyish, And the nova was just as easy as anything.

Shame i dont own a ford, used to have a transit in the family but that went due to rot.

What was you trying to do anyways?

Edit: Jap? Meh theres two jap cars on my mums drive they are both rotten!