PDA

View Full Version : parts for my injection convertion

dappy cow
24-06-08, 07:32 PM
hi guys!
im currently fitting an irmscher injection kit to my 1.3sr but im a bit stuck and was hoping to get some help finding some parts.
i need a throttle cable that is long enough, ive been told a gte one would fit but they seem to be tricky to track down.
also need an air box that will fit, a fuel pump mounting plate and a blanking plate for where the old pump was, again been told that a gte plate would also mount the idle control valve.
does anyone have any of these bit anywhere or are there any alternatives that would do the job??
thanks
steph

Mike
24-06-08, 09:53 PM
GTE/GSi airbox should do it. I do have one.

dappy cow
24-06-08, 10:03 PM
thanks thats great i'll pm you!! really want to get her ready in time for the show at billing so need all the help i can get!! cheers

AlexW
24-06-08, 10:12 PM
If a astra throttle cable would work i may have one for sale, but im not sure if its the same.

dappy cow
24-06-08, 10:26 PM
no, i did think about an astra one, but i dont know if it would be long enough. its got to double back on itself as the kit is left hand drive.

craig green
25-06-08, 11:16 AM
I can sort the fuel pump blank plate.

I also know for a 1.6 throttle cable. £20 + p&p for both.

Please PM me.

chappers1.3
25-06-08, 01:58 PM
I think i got a fuel pump blanking plate at home, you can have it if its there...i'll have a look 4 ya. . Also got a GTE airbox and Airflow meter if you aint got 1 off Mike? only want a £5 for it. :thumb:

Mike
25-06-08, 05:11 PM
GTE AFM wont work the 1.3 injection kit chappers.

dappy cow
25-06-08, 07:19 PM
do you know what afm i would need?? running a carlton one at the moment just to see if she would start!!

Mike
25-06-08, 07:25 PM
Have you not got an AFM for it? Big sqaure electronic device that bolts onto the airfilter box?

dappy cow
25-06-08, 07:29 PM
yes i do, it came with the kit, sorry, blonde!! there is a reason for the screen name!! i was thinking of the idle control valve for some reason!! do you know if any will do the trick? or do i need a nova one?

Mike
25-06-08, 08:04 PM
Nova GSi/GTE item possibly?

dappy cow
25-06-08, 10:06 PM
I think i got a fuel pump blanking plate at home, you can have it if its there...i'll have a look 4 ya. . Also got a GTE airbox and Airflow meter if you aint got 1 off Mike? only want a £5 for it. :thumb:

got your pm but cant reply as your inbox is full. anyway that would be great, pm me again and we'll sort it out.
thanks
steph

novacabrio
25-06-08, 10:40 PM
The GTE/GSI AFM won't be compatable I don't think with the Irmy system

Mk2 Cav/mk1 Astra stuf is what you need