PDA

View Full Version : lee303's nova groundbreaker..

peester
24-06-08, 07:28 PM
Felt the urge to post this here lol..
in short, lee hea-rseys 1.8 16v tuned nova ran some mental figures on le rollers..
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/283840-lees-garage-138.html

check it out.

FUSION X16XE
24-06-08, 07:35 PM
nicceee
wats the spec?

Adam
24-06-08, 07:37 PM
MEGA spec

Dry sump, custom cam grinds, high cr slipper pistons, steel rods, HUGE exhuast manifold etc etc

Quite an achievement those figures are, awesome stuff ESPECIALLY for you small block haters lol
230hp is a huge figure to get from a 2L 16v,never mind a s/b 1800 ;)

peester
24-06-08, 07:39 PM
its mahooosive spec... i dont know mate. Years of graft.
tbh, i posted this here in the vain hope lee (who is registered on here ) gives us a simplified version of events, i am thick with cars and cant keep up with the technical terminology on that mig thread..

trackdaynova
24-06-08, 07:41 PM
Hope you got my text Lee :thumb:

Well done pal - loving it!

Sturge
24-06-08, 08:53 PM
'bout bloody time too :D

hybridturbo
24-06-08, 09:57 PM
Clever lad

Impressive nova

lee303
24-06-08, 10:27 PM
thanks for the comments guys, especially liking the ground breaking bit, although i think Martin Bowyer has to have some credit! as does the base engine tbh, really nice design with huge ports and a 5mm valve train as standard

as for spec

x18xe1 block and head
zip tie motorsport(thats me!lol ) worked head with valve deshrouding work too, 12.04 c/r
custom valves to accept BMW motorbike collets(single large radius groove rather than three sharp snap inducing ones)
berillium alloy valve guides
catacams 288 cams with 12.6mm lift
solid lifters
Omega bridge type 81mm 2 ring slipper pistons
steel rods 3mm longer than stock to account for gudgeon pin and ring land height
double doweled ultralight steel flywheel and 7.25'' clutch
lightened and balanced bottom end
45mm jenvey parallel bodies with 90mm trumpets and ITG air filter
Bowyer inlet manifold matched to head
peco yellow band injectors with 60 psi fuel pressure
magnecor leads and stock coil pack
Simpsons race exhaust with 1 7/8 primaries and 2.5''full system with single box
Davies craig electric water pump with original deleted from cambelt run
pace dry sump system custom mounted on the back if the engine
DTA 48 ecu

thats about it:thumb:

what makes me most happy about the figures is where they are from too tbh, track and road have probably the most accurate rollers in the country, so i know its not inflated at all

smcgsi16v
24-06-08, 10:34 PM
Well done Lee, been following on mig since the last time I saw you, I know how much hard work has gone into it, even more so before this engine.:thumb:

Much catch up with you some time.

Hope you have a good trip soon too aswell.

lee303
24-06-08, 10:38 PM
hey stu hows it going! deffo catch up when i'm back, should have some actual free time now the engine is done!

krobinson
24-06-08, 10:40 PM
Stunning work Lee, Hope to catch you at the ring? I'm there with Andy last weekend in august!

Lee
24-06-08, 10:40 PM
About time it was finished after all the epic mincing lol lol

You can cut you hair now you scruffy bastid!

BRoadGhost
24-06-08, 10:43 PM
Yeah it's a nice engine and box.

people shouldn't be too shocked by 230bhp from a n/a 1800 though.

One day a car that was built over 4 years ago will make over 300BHP n/a with just 200cc more than that.

smcgsi16v
24-06-08, 10:43 PM
Yeah it would be good to catch up, aint seen you in ages. Well if your ever down my way give me a ring and pop round or if I get a spare weekend when I'm not doing something with the house I might pop up. Hows the hair? :p

Sturge
24-06-08, 10:57 PM
That sounds like a plan for a light ale or 2 ;)

Either of you at Billing this year?

Will have to have a read of the build when i've got a spare few hours, wondered where the regular updates had disappeared to. Looking excellent though Mr H, hope you have better luck with this one!

How does the simpson stuff compare to btb Lee? Not seen any of theirs up close yet

lee303
24-06-08, 11:03 PM
well, i'm off to the ring thursday if i can get the gearbox slave cylinder to work tommorw, so will miss you in august i'm afraid keith, billing sound like a plan though:thumb: stu if i'm down seeing mum before then i will give you a ring, be cool to see you
hair is long and scruffy still i'm afriad, and looks to be staying that way, apparently i look like sebastian loeblol :wtf:

broadghost, over 125 bhp per litre isnt bad though is it, especailly with no huge development programme to help, oh and 88 lb/ft per litre is pretty good even though i say so myself!

sturge, simpsons stuff is very very good, but the company has gona a bit upmarket now so do less road stuff, fabrication quality is right up there though

garethcolley
24-06-08, 11:07 PM
Sound awesome does that mate.

lee303
24-06-08, 11:11 PM
cheers:)

MC
24-06-08, 11:27 PM
Well done Lee, the work has paid off. Impressive figures concidering you are kind off pioneering the way forward with that engine.

What hub, shaft and box arrangement are you using?

MC

lee303
25-06-08, 09:33 AM
hi mc, i'm running the quaife f13 sccr synchromesh box, with stock shafts and hubs, never had a problem so far but i am beggining to wonder if 157 lb/ft will take its toll though!
one thing i think i will need is a longer diff tbh, it just smashes through fifth now, need to find a 3.9 or similar i guess

Riggy
25-06-08, 10:44 AM
excellent figures ,

looks nothing like it did when it was in TV lol

craig green
25-06-08, 11:53 AM
As said on MIG Lee, big pat on the back.

I'd love to see (for comparison purposes) what your RR graph plot looks like next to a 1.8 Integra VTEC engine's.

Be sure to post any ring vids here.

CG

tom_beverley
25-06-08, 01:59 PM
Awesome work Lee, have been really looking forward to seeing the figures for ages now.

Well done :thumb:

muzzy
25-06-08, 02:10 PM
been reading this on migweb, amazing work, well done :thumb:

lee303
25-06-08, 02:24 PM
well, its ready to go, finally! will post any vids on here when i get back:thumb:

Adam
25-06-08, 03:32 PM
About time it was finished after all the epic mincing lol lol

You can cut you hair now you scruffy bastid!
Long hair=the future :cool:

Hope all goes well at the Nurburg :)

lee303
25-06-08, 03:38 PM
people who dont like long hair are just jealouslol
all reayd to go now, cant wait till the morning

spanishfly
25-06-08, 09:58 PM
Thats crap mate! I would be well pissed off! I hear your going to the ring tomorrow! Lucky fella, there's a bloke in an ACT going, he's going to chew your nova bum bum! By the way he is so buff, you and him would be good together. xxx

(And the ghey s**t starts lol)

Adam
25-06-08, 10:02 PM
Spanish-Still planning dry yourself on Giles bedsheets? lol

lee303
25-06-08, 10:55 PM
Thats crap mate! I would be well pissed off! I hear your going to the ring tomorrow! Lucky fella, there's a bloke in an ACT going, he's going to chew your nova bum bum! By the way he is so buff, you and him would be good together. xxx

(And the ghey s**t starts lol)

ahh, you talk the talk, lets see if you can walk the walklol

dhdev (Oli)
26-06-08, 07:57 AM
lets see if you can walk the walklol

What the John Wayne post-anal swagger lol

craig green
26-06-08, 05:13 PM
If anyone wants to look out for Lee & his big gay mate in the Astra coupe.

http://www.aufg48.dsl.pipex.com/ringwebcam.html

Friday or Saturday maybe worth watching out for them perhaps. I dunno when they finish out there.