PDA

View Full Version : X16XE wiring help

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 08:49 AM
Can anyone supply a step by step guide or diagram of how to wire up the X16XE? It's from a 2000 Corsa B Sport.

We have the full loom from the Corsa, key and transponder. I understand it's 7 wires from searching previous threads, but I need some help.

The Nova it's going in has the original 1984 non injection loom.

Also what do we need to remove from this engine, EGR wise etc?

Any help appreciated! :thumb:

burgo
20-06-08, 01:48 PM
i assume you have the 9 pin black plug with the loom as thats the key part. if you have and you can understand this rough pic then you should be fine

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/Engineconversionwiring.jpg

Adam
20-06-08, 04:10 PM
Nice pic Burgo, where was that from :p

You dont need to remove anything from the engine, but removing the egr/sai system helps with reliability. Blank them off with alloy plate

DAN-F
20-06-08, 04:20 PM
wats vss stand for?

Adam
20-06-08, 04:24 PM
Vehicle Speed Sensor

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 04:26 PM
Burgo that is great m8 thanks!

I assume VSS is Vehicle Speed Sensor on the gearbox? I was hoping we wouldn't need to run that in favour of a mechanical speedo cable for our GSi clocks...

Dod
20-06-08, 04:27 PM
How much of the EGR is removed? Has anyone got pictures of whats involved?

Adam
20-06-08, 04:29 PM
Unbolt the egr, refit it with a plate underneath it to blank it off.

You HAVE to use a VSS else the engine will keep cutting out.
Just use the std cable for the clocks.

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 04:33 PM
You HAVE to use a VSS else the engine will keep cutting out.
Just use the std cable for the clocks.

The speedo drive on the Corsa has a 4pin electric plug rather than a Nova speed cable fitting?

Also, is there no Fuel Pump Relay in this setup?

Cheers for all this help guys!

Adam
20-06-08, 04:39 PM
There will be a fuel pump relay, its by the ecu. Usually a purple relay/socket.

You will have to use a nova/early corsa speed sender and plug, and manually wire that as the one you have is on the corsa's seperate car loom.
Hmm, if that box has the 4pin sender fitted, thats a VR type sensor, so it may not have a speedo drive gear fitted, so a manual cable may not be suitable.

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 04:48 PM
There will be a fuel pump relay, its by the ecu. Usually a purple relay/socket.

Cool, just wondering how the FPR fits into the diagram above?

I'll revist the speedo issue again, just want the thing running now lol :)

Adam
20-06-08, 04:51 PM
It doesn't, you only need to be concerned with the red/blue wire in that black plug. As that comes from the fuel pump relay. Within the loom

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 05:38 PM
Sorted. Cheers guys. Mince on tomorrow then :)

Dod
20-06-08, 08:13 PM
Ok, I'll take over then. lol

The Piping from the Exhaust manifold, how much of it is to be removed?

I think I recall someone saying a C16SE Manifold is a direct swap for the Baby XE item is that correct?

ck
20-06-08, 09:52 PM
nope wont fit at all...

bets bet is to take the AIS off the exhaust mnanifold, cut the small tube out to fit back into the manifold but weld the end up 1st.

then in the engine loom you will have 2 relays next to the ecu a brown plug and a purple one. the purple is the fuel pump relay

the brown one you can remove this completely and all its wiring can be pulled out the loom (this is for the AIS setup which is not needed)

you need a Transducer from a 1.2 SPi nova. this will screw into the speedo cable output on the gearbox and then you can screw the speedo cable into the top of the sender.

no corsa came with no BTW, they have an integral VSS inside the clocks themselfs.

the pic of the Transponder is correct, if anything a little awkward to distinguise but correct lol.

if u need anything dont hesistate to ask, ive done a couple small block 16v novas allready..

chris

beef@novadose.net
20-06-08, 11:31 PM
nope wont fit at all...
you need a Transducer from a 1.2 SPi nova. this will screw into the speedo cable output on the gearbox and then you can screw the speedo cable into the top of the sender.

I thought it was something like that! Cheers mate :)

Adam
20-06-08, 11:40 PM
no corsa came with no BTW, they have an integral VSS inside the clocks themselfs.
Mine has a speed sender on the gearbox itself.

For the SAI just remove the combination valve on the manifold and replace it with some alloy sheet.

Dod
21-06-08, 09:37 AM
Cool, well I reckon I can manage the wiring and all myself now, but how do I identify the VSS? They're on all SPi Novas are they? Has anyone got a pic?

Sorry to be torturious but this really has me beaten!!

Rexy
21-06-08, 12:09 PM
Is there any difference between the corsa x16xe engine and setup vs the Tigra x16xe?

As i've come across a lot of 1600 tigra engines for £100 - £250 in a local scrapers.

Also.... Can somebody please do a check list on what parts to steal from the offending corsa/tigra as i've finally decided on a x16xe engine for the nova.

I'm doing x16xe as i want the added security as i intend to have the nova key cut into a corsa fob and use the chip in the key as intended.

Adam
21-06-08, 01:31 PM
No, there the same engine