PDA

View Full Version : dash (speedo) lights

Mac_Nova_SR
20-09-02, 11:21 AM
driving home last night noticed that the backlight display in the dash (the speedo bit) is totally fcuked. wen dark there is just enough light to read the speedo but i cant see the rev counter at all. it seems a couple of bulbs have blown behind there. basically, ive always wanted a digidash and just wondering if im going to take it out is it worth just putting new bulbs in, how hard is this?? or should i just replace the whole unit with a digidash?? has this ever happened to anyone else.....i know the dash is hard to take out on a nova....will i need to take this out....any help appreciated.

Alex
20-09-02, 11:42 AM
dont know about mk1, but in a mk2 the dash is easy to get out, just 4 tourque head screws. Once out the bulbs in the back just twist out and can be replaced in a second.

jon_boy
20-09-02, 11:56 AM
mk 1 is easy as well just prise it out pretty much. two bits on the underneath hold it in but stick a screwdriver in and CAREFULLY prise it out. then like he said they r just little twisty bulbs

carltoncrazy
20-09-02, 04:16 PM
my dont light up after i took it out,be careful not to reck the plastic bord opn the back
(dont catch it)