View Full Version : management

DAN-F
19-06-08, 02:57 PM
whats a good management system to use,
dont ant to spend silly money but i do want a half decent setup

meritlover
19-06-08, 03:08 PM
be prepared to pay half decent money then

it depends what you want, ign/fuel/rpm resolutions, trigger compatability, injector outputs, cylinder no's, datalogging, staged injectors, batch or sequencial squirt.................

make a list of what you need, then add what youd like, then compare the products to suit best what matches your budget and spec.

the key is, you get what you pay for (except for megasquirt but you actually have to understand what your doing and do a lot yourself, hence the price)

craig green
19-06-08, 03:25 PM
Likely better option is a drive in drive out job.

Jamsport do gotech for a good rate, installed & mapped.

Stuart
19-06-08, 03:44 PM
Most management is much of a muchness in terms of its capability.

Basically you find the RR/Tuner you wish to map your car, you then buy what they prefer. Best results then.

also will you PLEASE make your ****ing mind up as to what you want to do with a car/engine and not post up continuous random thoughts lol

meritlover
19-06-08, 03:50 PM
i agree, most of these threads are 'dreamer threads'

Paul
19-06-08, 03:56 PM
i am on omex 600 as thats what the mapper likes best. rick is autronic cause thats what his mapper likes best, mate is on emerald as thats what his mapper likes best. as said, by stuart see what you mapper likes best.

meritlover
19-06-08, 04:04 PM
what if you map your own? lol

Paul
19-06-08, 04:38 PM
then whatever you prefer i suppose lol

Stuart
19-06-08, 06:24 PM
i am on omex 600 as thats what the mapper likes best. rick is autronic cause thats what his mapper likes best, mate is on emerald as thats what his mapper likes best. as said, by stuart see what you mapper likes best.

did a Steve, or another Steve map yours? :D

Paul
19-06-08, 06:58 PM
steve pitcher was there unfortunately, and steve greenald mapped it.

Stuart
19-06-08, 07:10 PM
never met greenald, but pitcher was a good laugh

Paul
19-06-08, 07:12 PM
if you say so :witch:

Stuart
19-06-08, 08:30 PM
lol did he violate you?

Paul
19-06-08, 09:51 PM
you know a bit about him then lol!

He was nice as pie on the phone, really helpful, couldnt have sounded like a nicer chap.

Went down there in person to book it in, and he was rude, arrogant etc.

On the day he was ok though :)

Car is definitely going back there, Mr. Greenald did a top job of mapping it.

DAN-F
20-06-08, 11:27 AM
have more than one car mate is that ok with you? i have four at the minute and as far as dreamer goes i always follow through on my projects im in the middle of turboing an 8v as well as fittting a v6 just wondered what everyone thought on this as ive never used maagement system before always just been straight transplants

Andy_L
20-06-08, 01:02 PM
Which car are you going to be running stand alone management on?

DAN-F
20-06-08, 01:41 PM
8v turbo

Andy_L
22-06-08, 07:26 PM
I'd only be looking at stand alone if I were going to be running lots of boost.

I'd have a look at extreme vaux or vaux extreme (google it) as they are very very clued up about 8v turbos and I think one of the guys is importing ready made Megasquirt systems.

DAN-F
22-06-08, 08:12 PM
yea mate ive been talkin to him
ive bought a megasquirt setup now and im sending it to him for him to sort out for me