PDA

View Full Version : do you ever........

draper
19-06-08, 02:20 PM
go out into the garage to work on your car with the best laid plans infront of you and do sweet F.A ??? just been ut to dp some more welding on the corsa and couldnt get into it, i really cant be ****d at the moment

anyone else ever get like that and how did you get round it as im on the verge of setting fire to the thing !!

Rexy
19-06-08, 02:27 PM
i just crack on with it.... just hit it and you will carry on.

I tend to do this, and just keep going and going and going then forget im hungry lol and then its either done or im feeling weird as its midnight and ive still not eaten anything :D

dan16v
19-06-08, 02:28 PM
I get like that all the time nowlol
One plan used to be to read a good resto thread on here, then id be well up for some work! but now i do that, go out to the garage and still cant be ****d!lol
Just pay some one to do it instead!:thumb:

xxspudxx
19-06-08, 02:29 PM
i do, espically when you have done like a whole day of hard work on the car and you stand back and look at what you have done and it looks like nothing has changed.

Just got to keep going and when it starts to look good again keep on going til its done then :)

draper
19-06-08, 02:31 PM
Just pay some one to do it instead!:thumb:

id rather not do it all than pay someone else to do the work for me tbh

craig green
19-06-08, 02:35 PM
Yes.

I can spend 30 mins just staring & poking at things. I might call it a night or possibly get into it from there.

Leaving a note as to what you were doing last time you packed up or a list of things to 'tick off' is the way to go though.

Ultra violet light bulb, list on the wall 'Gone in 60 seconds stylee' FTW.

Paul
19-06-08, 02:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/DSC00540.jpg

Always helps /\

draper
19-06-08, 02:40 PM
but i only have a single garage, doubt theres enough room on the walls to write the list lol

Paul
19-06-08, 02:42 PM
lol, a clean garage helps too, but getting the motivation to clean the garage is hard, as its a night wasted and will be untidy again in a few weeks in y case. lol

draper
19-06-08, 02:43 PM
my garage is fairly tidy anyway, it has to be for all the parts, my tools and the nova shell

Dod
19-06-08, 02:59 PM
Yup, I find especially in a messy garage that you can get very lazy. Ideally yyou should take a day a week and tidy your garage but realisticially, no one ever does.

nova23
19-06-08, 03:13 PM
My sr hasn't been touched since 2005, have trackday vouchers waiting to be used lol
May even go and see if it's still in my parents garage tonight.

draper
19-06-08, 03:35 PM
My sr hasn't been touched since 2005, have trackday vouchers waiting to be used lol
May even go and see if it's still in my parents garage tonight.

if you send them me it might inspire me to crack on ;)

burgo
19-06-08, 04:37 PM
i find buying new shiny bits spurs me on but ive been skint for ages so havnt touched them. i havnt even cleaned the mud off the dark blue one from pv lol

Jack
19-06-08, 05:05 PM
I'm crap at being motivated, even if I make a list I end up not doing most of it.

Although once I do get into doing something I usually carry on for ages until its done. Don't like leaving jobs half finished.

...having said that I took ages to put the alarm on the Celica. Footwell full of dangling wires and alarm components lol

draper
19-06-08, 05:06 PM
I'm crap at being motivated, even if I make a list I end up not doing most of it.

Although once I do get into doing something I usually carry on for ages until its done. Don't like leaving jobs half finished.

...having said that I took ages to put the alarm on the Celica. Footwell full of dangling wires and alarm components lol

i knew your answer before i even opend the thread up lol

im slightly more motivated now, had a chat with some friends and a plan has been formed :thumb:

Lee
19-06-08, 05:16 PM
I far better at working on someone elses than my own lol. Last time the engine went pop, i was very close to shutting the door of the barn and never going back.

A visit to Dars normally sorts me out. The shiney red thing does wonders for my motivation as its the benchmark im continually chasing.

draper
19-06-08, 05:21 PM
I far better at working on someone elses than my own lol

me aswell, whenever i do anything to someone elses i always make the job neat, take my time, make sure everythings A1 etc, when it comes to my own it just gets slung in and if it works it never gets touched again :cool:

although thats why the novas taking so long and im stocking up on parts as and when they come up for sale, in the 7years ive been into novas/cars ive never had a decent self built one (even tho ive kept boring my mates with how id build one) so nows the time to build it

the corsas just something im throwing together with parts i have knocking about/can pick up cheaply for some fun at donnington

BIGS
19-06-08, 05:24 PM
i cant be botherd with any of the cars at the moment. the 2ltr has just been sat there for arounds 6 months. the saloon since ive put the engine in havent done sod all to it. still got wireing to sort out and other little bits here and there. and got my gte on the driveway just been resprayed and havent even washed or waxed it yet or put the boot build back in.

Lee
19-06-08, 05:26 PM
me aswell, whenever i do anything to someone elses i always make the job neat, take my time, make sure everythings A1 etc, when it comes to my own it just gets slung in and if it works it never gets touched again :cool:

LMFAO. Nope. Bodgery FTW.

Jacks prooved that, loads of cars failed to make it to PV that had hours of love and attention poured on them. Jacks didn't have ANY love and attention, and bar a dodgy fuel pump, it was faultless lol

Even when I did Steves SEH, he was initially worried about my unorthadox mechanical methods, but his car has been 100% reliable since as well.

My car has had far more care and attention and it keeps blowing up :(

draper
19-06-08, 05:28 PM
im also in a decent finacial position now as i have the potential for quite abit of overtime

it would seem im talking myself into building the cars again :D

Ernie
19-06-08, 05:29 PM
That would be down to your lead boots Lee lol

Jack
19-06-08, 05:35 PM
Lee, your car needs some day glo cable ties :D I reckon they'd even hold your pistons together lol

I was quite surprised the car actually made it to PVS tbh lol

dan16v
19-06-08, 06:02 PM

Same with me! annoying when you get the shout for dinner from the GF, usualy give her the fcuk off tablet as i want to finish what im doing!= mass rows when you finaly do lock up and go inlol lol

Think my biggest problem is i enjoy taking things apart, but when it comes to putting it all back together i just cant be ****d!

draper
19-06-08, 06:04 PM
Think my biggest problem is i enjoy taking things apart, but when it comes to putting it all back together i just cant be ****d!

yep, its always easier to take it apart then put it back together neatly and/or working lol

Mike
19-06-08, 06:11 PM
go out into the garage to work on your car with the best laid plans infront of you and do sweet F.A ??? just been ut to dp some more welding on the corsa and couldnt get into it, i really cant be ****d at the moment

anyone else ever get like that and how did you get round it as im on the verge of setting fire to the thing !!

Everytime i work on my Nova, hence why i rarley work on it :D

kevw
19-06-08, 06:54 PM
I have to keep a list going with deadlines on (whether I make the deadlines or not) - I need something to keep me going and ticking things of a list always helps, I use some freeware software called Taskfreak for this:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/kev-w/tasks.jpg

As Craig said I sometimes stare at things for ages - normally just planning things in my head lol

Dod
19-06-08, 07:37 PM
Ok try imagining whats involved in a car build and times it by 8. Thats what I'm up against.

Andy
19-06-08, 10:35 PM
I always try to keep my garage tidy.Tidy work area is paramount,if you have crap strewn all over your likely to either;A-fall over and break it,B-fall over and break yourself or C fall over and break you the part/parts and then your car in anger! It really is the key i believe.If you get in there and find your mostly texting or drinking tea then walk away-dont even start anything and leave it til you do fancy doing a bit.It may take hours,days or even weeks.I found this system works for me anyway

burgo
19-06-08, 11:23 PM
I far better at working on someone elses than my own lol.
same here.... i seem to be working on about 5 other cars other than mine :confused:

ben doodar
20-06-08, 08:02 PM
all the time mate lol
you just have to get on with it tho