PDA

View Full Version : xsara 2.0 vts

ad4m
19-06-08, 09:55 AM
im after xsara 2.0 vts hydraulic lifters i cant seem to find some anywhere would anyone on here no where i can get some ?

Rexy
19-06-08, 11:21 AM
www.306gti6.com (http://www.306gti6.com)

I sold all my xsara engine bits so i cant help fella sorry, Failing that they are not all that expensive from citroen. Can i ask why you need new lifters, i take it you have had a cam belt snap at some point and the engine is tappy?

ad4m
19-06-08, 12:14 PM
correct the engine is tapping and lack of power so im going to swap the lifters and see if that sorts it

Rexy
19-06-08, 12:39 PM
get on 306gti6 mate...

Same engine as the 306gti6 xu104j RS. You done a compression test etc, is it timed up correclty and have you checked the bottom pully has not slipped etc?

ad4m
19-06-08, 01:12 PM
the timing kit was fitted by a garage and when we had it back it was slower so maybe the timing is out but the tapping noise drives me nuts

Rexy
19-06-08, 01:43 PM
the tapping is due to the engine cylinder head not being rebuilt properly from when the cam belt snapped on it at some point. I didnt look into it but there is something which needs to be done to the head once its snapped.

it sounds like the bottom pully has slipped hence the timiming may be out slightly. You can check this by having a look at your timimg markers on the engine Two little holes on the cam blet pullys and a smaller hole on the lower alt pully.

The alt pully has a rubber insert in the middle and they tend to move slightly so if they have timed it up using that there is your problem.

ad4m
19-06-08, 06:55 PM
the bottom pulley is new hehe nothing snapped in the engine the auxrily belt snapped and all this started