PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of advice on engines....

Wazza024
18-06-08, 10:21 PM
Right i've been told that the GTE bottom end is a short stoke engine and also the SRI head is the big valve head am i correct? If so would the 2 of them go and work fine? Im just trying to decide what to do with my engine. If it will work and gain more power then im thinking of doing it and selling my rebuilt engine from scratch and doing the the GTE bottom end and SRI head instead.

Welsh Dan
18-06-08, 10:59 PM
The SRI (C14SE) head is the same as the GTE (E16SE) and GSI (C16SE) ones, aside from the compression chamber size.

Wazza024
19-06-08, 12:16 AM
Thanks so i think ill just be better off just with a GTE engine really.:thumb:

Welsh Dan
19-06-08, 12:19 AM
That depends on what your plans are... the late GSI engine (C16SE) is dispack instead of dizzy, so you could have aftermarket management run an ignition map aswell as a fuelling map, if you intend to go that way ;).

craig green
19-06-08, 11:36 AM
Set of bike carbs, uprated cam & box with cyl head on ebay.

tom_beverley
19-06-08, 01:50 PM

Have you seen the quality of that inlet manifold? Yikes! :tard: lol

craig green
19-06-08, 01:53 PM
NO. I have no inclination to look at carbs tbh. lol

Wazza024
19-06-08, 02:17 PM

I have an engine with kent cam and R1 carbs or twin 40's but i want something different now! I was thinking of putting a GTE or GSI engine in instead! but thanks for telling me :thumb:

Adam
19-06-08, 04:48 PM
Have you seen the quality of that inlet manifold? Yikes! :tard: lol
lol
And people wonder why bike carbs are such a let down when they use diy manifolds.
Be lucky if those carbs will even fuel at all, there mounted nearly horizontal when they should be sitting about 50deg upright for the fuel bowl to be level.

draper
19-06-08, 05:24 PM
lol
And people wonder why bike carbs are such a let down when they use diy manifolds.
Be lucky if those carbs will even fuel at all, there mounted nearly horizontal when they should be sitting about 50deg upright for the fuel bowl to be level.

and when they think they can set them up in there shed with a hammer and adjustable spanner

mikey14sr
20-06-08, 05:44 PM
no heater output either from the look of it, looks like a standard manifold with bits of tube glued on!