PDA

View Full Version : new car suggestions

gary_1.2Merit
18-06-08, 09:55 PM
i need suggestions for a new car to get. I got about 2k to spend. Was looking at omega but not too sure because of rising petrol prices. Basically i would like something High spec (Climate control, all electric, Automatic, possibly leather etc) 5 doors, and im thinking maybe diesel. I do like the bigger saloon car, but there aint many around these days. Thats y i been lookin at omegas :s

Soooo confused =[

Welsh Dan
19-06-08, 12:14 AM
My dad was looking at a 2.5V6 veccy with all the options last year, it was around £1400 with 80k on the clock...

Dod
19-06-08, 09:12 AM
Omegas are massive spec for **** all money, as are Vectras. TBH I'd go for a V6 Cav for half your budget and spend £200 on a GSi Kit for it and then still have just under a grand to do as you wish. :D

Stuart
19-06-08, 10:20 AM
omega TD's are crapper than crap.

If you are worried about fuel costs then bin the Auto hunt (plus its just as much BAF to drive an auto in traffic as it is to drive a manual... you are supposed to put them in N/P rather than boiling the fluid in the torque convertod inD + foot on brake)

Basically you want something pre 2001, a few toys and cheap to run...

just look on autotrader/piston heads (but take about 20% off the prices lol) with those search options.

Dod
19-06-08, 10:32 AM
Why are they crapper than crap? Omega TD's are BMW Powered and so are mega tough. I still think they're ace.

hc coupe
19-06-08, 10:46 AM
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/567677.htm

only 88k !!

Get it bought !!!!!!!!!

And who cares if its french and a under powered engine.Would do the job i think for a day to day thing

Stuart
19-06-08, 11:53 AM
you dont get good mpg from the detuned BMW lump in the omega.... so kinda chucks the whole point of an economical diesel out of the window.

Jack
19-06-08, 12:38 PM
Sod having 5 doors and get an ST202 :D