PDA

View Full Version : I need some ideas?? HELP!

krobinson
19-09-02, 08:51 PM
I've got to that point where i dont know what else to do to my nova without spoiling it!!

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=280

My winter plans are as follows:

1. One of bretts fearless rear cages & strut braces with stripped out rear end
2. 2 Cobra sidewinders, leather and alacantra
3. 1.4SR engine, i'll tune it closer to the summer.
4. Fully seam welded with another full respray (i'm a picky ****)

Let me know what you guys think, i'm really stuck as to wot else i should do?

Ben (lurk75)
19-09-02, 10:18 PM
Right when i was looking into getting a cage i was warned off of the fearless cages as when involved in accidents they have snapped/sheared off and hurt people. so i would look at buying a competition rated cage, plus these are a lot cheaper.

dave.gsi
19-09-02, 11:45 PM
sweet car, only thing i can think of is smooth tailgate and some smoke windows

Davo
20-09-02, 09:50 AM
sell it and get a pug :lol: naa joking, if it were me id put a bigger back bumper on, and have a centre exit oval exhaust.

wisewood
20-09-02, 10:41 AM
EXCELLENT WORK MATE!

I know what I would do to ti - but that is me.

1. Smooth Tailgate - it will look very nice with that done.
2. Tinted windows, black against the bodywork colour would look smart.
3. As davo says, different rear bumper, slightly larger.
4. Forget the 1.4 idea - put a gsi engine in there, or a 1.6 16v. You say in the comments at the bottom of feature you want a gsi - so why not?

Tilly
20-09-02, 01:53 PM
Smooth - leave it as it is i say

Ian
20-09-02, 02:31 PM
yep leave outside as it is. lovely colour and car, maybe a cage and proper buckets, or leather trim. when you can afford insurqnce change th engine for a 1.6 or 2.0

wisewood
20-09-02, 02:35 PM
or even a 1.8... :D

krobinson
20-09-02, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the comments...

Not a huge fan of smooth tailgates on novas, which is why it hasnt been done.

I have yet to see a nice back bumper for a nova that would suit mine, some look nice in a kit, but to add it to a GSI kit would be a bit insane!

Reason i'm putting in a 1.4 is because i cant get insurance for an engine transplant here in northern ireland, unless i've robbed a bank... so a 1.4 is a good option as it looks like a 1.2 (hehehe) Also it can be tuned with a few hundred quid to close to 100bhp, which is gsi power!

I'm still stuck, but i recon i'll just focus on keeping it clean and do most of my mods on the interior.. i'm selling my leather seats to get some leather sidewinders instead, as i want a bit more comfort!

Thanks everyone! ;)

ade
20-09-02, 09:29 PM
I've got a mk2 rear bumper and bolted a mk1 gte splitter to the bottom - had to cut n shunt it but it looks pretty good - hole sits where the zorst is perfectly.

carltoncrazy
20-09-02, 09:52 PM
sell da shed n buy a new car,
ya illiage if ya dont tell the insurance company bout da enign
+ya have to tell da DVLA its had a engine change they then tell ya insurance.
+and if ya dont tell em ya jerk and seriously u shuldnt b on a public highway if u value ur lience

djp_y2k
21-09-02, 04:56 PM
Nice car mate. Its the way a nova should look.

Well I would leave the outside exactly as it is. Smooth boot would look nice, but not sure if it would suit it, you may however disagree.

If you do anything to the rear bumper, just add a cool diffuser.

What you've got planned sounds cool. Just need that bigger engine.