PDA

View Full Version : sticky stuff left from masking tape

scottydogg38
17-06-08, 09:29 PM
Hey guys and girls, i masked sum bodywork up on my car to respray the bumpers, but i left the masking tape on for a while and it left some sticky mess on my bodywork, how will i get it off? thanks :thumb:

Mike
17-06-08, 09:33 PM
Nail varnish remover. Meths. White spirit. Deoderant etc etc

Jack
17-06-08, 09:34 PM
Cloth + White spirit/meths/bug & tar remover/cut... take your pick :thumb:

SRimon
17-06-08, 09:41 PM
polish t/cut will do it.

scottydogg38
17-06-08, 10:06 PM
i do trust you guys and thanks for your help, but wont nail polish remover take the paint off? and its mostly the front grille i dont know what its made out of

rubachuk
18-06-08, 07:05 AM
The missus swears by normal household furniture polish for getting rid of left over adhesive around the house.

Jack
18-06-08, 09:02 AM
i do trust you guys and thanks for your help, but wont nail polish remover take the paint off? and its mostly the front grille i dont know what its made out of
Not if you're careful with it (i.e. don't chuck loads on lol), and the paint has been applied properly.

Dod
18-06-08, 09:16 AM
Go with the T cut as the Nail polish remover and meths ect might mess up your recent spraying if its not dried properly which can take a long time.

DW-Nova
18-06-08, 08:36 PM
so long as you have lacquered all the painting and you have let it cure for atleast a day then use some thinners on a rag, it'll just come straight off and wont mess up the paint at all, you can leave it on there as long as you want and it wont damage it at all.