Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with another member, part 2!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems with another member, part 2!!!!!!

Right now as some of you may have seen i posted a couple of replys to wannabegsi recent thread on how he's had problems with another member, so here's my take!!
    I agree to buy off another member, whose user id is "purple beast", some driveshafts for an agreed price of 80 quid. i then foolishly posted him some cash in a very securely wrapped envelope, which, guess what, he didn't receive! (please DON'T POST HOW STUPID THIS WAS AS I AM FULLY AWARE and it's not the point of the thread).
    Ok no probs, i'll recover my money through the post office, i am aware that i won't probably receive any compo as it should have been recorded, but they promised to help me out anyway.
    So as not to let purple beast sell the shafts on, as i need them for a project, i sent him a cheque to cover the amount, (this one arrived fine, but was posted from the same po box as first letter, work that one out?) it cleared fine, so i became suspiciuos again when no parcel two weeks later.
    I asked him how he had sent them, just normal parcel post. No worries i think, he'll at least have a receipt as proof of posatge. WRONG! He's conveiniently lost it. so i propose that he sends my money back and recovers his cost through the post office, (like i have had to do) which he replys he's not prepared to do ("cos he has no receipt")
    lastly i ask him for the date, time, specific post office and address that he's posted them at, so the people at the post office can help me out, and guess what, that's the last i heard from him nearly a week ago!!!

purple beast, please read free to read the other thread started here,
    http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67007
    to get the general concensus of the novaload opinion, and make your thoughts known by replying below.
    I consider myself well and truly ripped off, even if you had 1000 posts on a chat forum you could still find yourself done, if your face doesn't fit or you've upset someone with a post like rjm says, or the seller thinks he's too far away for the buyer not to be bother about chasing it up. If it all goes wrong,this sort of stuff can happen. At no point am i pointing the finger of blame at the forum though, just to make that clear.

For those who think that i may have received the shafts, - Why am i bothering to post this if thats the case?
    I consider myself to be reasonable and honest, and have never had so much trouble with stuff as with this, within my 13 years of nova ownership! And for those of you who are quick to point out that i've only been a member on here for a short time, that because i've only recently got a pc at home. Previously i have been a member of the png/pvg for over 10 years, regularly attending shows and meets, not really in my interest to lie about stuff like this is it really? As most of you i will probably meet. or have met/trade with at some point. I know i'm not gonna see any of this back, So note to all, please trade with purple beast at your own peril!!!!

oh, and the maddening thing about this, the driveshafts were intended for my apprentice who has just put a 2.0 8v in his first nova. Apprentice wages and 160 quid down, he's not happy and to say we are p***ed off is an understatement!

Off rant Lol!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sent some cash (?80 or ?70 cant remeber exactly) to purple beast an he said he didnt recieve it either
    you have his address so go to his house an teach him the error of his ways

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there mate it must be this time of the year when all the thieving scum bags come out.....
    No receipt , every time ive ever posted anything the lady or man behind the counter always gives me one i must be special......
    Has the seller even attepted to contact royal mail or the office used ?
    Try finding out what post office he used and what day as they will have a log of items being sent for that day then you can see if he has even tried to send it.
    I have given up on my nightmare well (trying) to talk to him, but he will soon relize were thieving gets you !!

Pay him a visit mate, but first ide contact the post office to try and found out if it was EVER sent .

It really gets you doesnt it. You put your trust in someone and this happens, from now on trust no1.

soz bud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like purple beast has been getting EXTRA pocket money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've asked him for all the postage details but he never responds. I have his address, but how i'm ever gonna find out which post office he used will be a nightmare.
    I'm more P***ed off for my lackie than anything else.
    looks like i'm not the only one he's robbed!!!!
    What goes around, fortunately comes around.
    Last edited by John; 29-08-06 at 09:32 PM.

Small Block Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutted for you, I hate the fact that people are so quick to rip others off.
    Like you said what goes around comes around
    Last edited by dhdev (Oli); 29-08-06 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oli, i said what?!
    Last edited by John; 29-08-06 at 10:03 PM.

Small Block Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know what you said either

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf !!

as for whats gone on recently think ill only be buying stuff face to face from now on

Club Member Club Member womble sri's Avatar
    Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sounds like this majika prick aswell why dont we have a big nova road trip[ and visit them both hahaha