Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: finally pulled it out the garage !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seams to me its a case of the have's and the have not's
    I don't agree i'm afraid. My comments have all been made tongue in cheek.

If you choose to post up "I've got it out of the garage and waxed it" you've got to be prepared for some comments.

F*ck me, I've had people on MY thread telling me what I should/shouldn't be doing with my car, and I don't think it's because they're jealous.... It's because they are interested!

I expected this thread to be "Finally got it out and drove it miles loving it" perhaps detailing some future WIP or "taking it to TRAX" or whatever but nobody is leaving any negative or nasty comments or wishing any ill-will.

I love nova's and I can drive any VW for my company vehicle but I've still got a nova parked outside my house...... And one in the bodyshop...... So I certainly don't wanna see a really good one ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RJM25R; 25-07-06 at 09:13 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cars need to be driven, after all its only a nova, if it were mine it would have that show cage torn out and a propper one fitted, then ragged to within an inch of its life on a track as it should be,

Chest Butter Premium User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus what is it with some people! its a fecking show car!!! why spend 25k doing it when u can spend about 5k and have a stripped out track weapon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brett only spent ?25k on it over the 10 years of modding it.

Easington, Cleveland Drives: Silver Fabia vRS on satin black Comp TH Mono's Builds: Wide track Nova
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An absolute minter!

I agree with both sides of the argument, it should be kept mint but its a 2.0 16v so its meant to be driven.

If I had it I would only use it when its dry and sunny! (Dreams.....)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ojc
    Matt don't listen to some of these idiots, seriously I think some people should engage their brains before letting their hands loose on keyboards.

If someone had spent the time and money like what fearless did on this car to make it "the best" Nova of all time (in my opinion) and for Matt to pay good money for the privlage of owning it then why the hell ruin it by driving it everyday?

Anyway, how do you know that Matthew hasn't got a equally good everyday car that is just as fast, just as mint? Its his toy and I totally agree with what he is doing, storing it away only to be used on sunny days because I do exactly the same thing.

Good on you Matt, pleased to see its being cared for.

cheers ojc, this will be mint for years to come i dont need to use it that often because i have a gsi valver as my every dayer that keeps me happy just need to use the green one wen its sunny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 pages debating wether someone should drive their car or not?

Heres my two pennys worth. I dont give a toss

I also dont see why everyone talks about this car like its some sort of holy grail of Novas? Its a very clean, very well thought out modifyed Nova, just like all the other very clean, very well thought out modified Novas ive seen in the past, and I will probably see in the future.

Let the poor bloke do what he wants with his car!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it is that the car will need periodic freshening up regardless of whether you use it regularly or not.. For example I recall that Brett already had a rear quarter replaced due to rust bubbling through (post 2000 transformation to being mint colour) and lets face it, he hardly used it on the road.

Enjoy the car how you want.. Car was designed to be driven, Brett built it to be driven and sold it (in part at least) because he could not find the time for driving it/performing future track modifications.

I came to within a gnats cock of buying the car myself but knew I would be faced with the same predicament you are in ie. not wanting to mess up a show car.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

that is my fave color absolutley stuning on small hatches, i have been down the same road as this when i was younger with my reno, i loved it so much i polished through to the primer but i used it every day, as long as you get your enjoyment out of it who cares

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRlew
    never seen pics of the inside of it before i dont think looks well nice.

what wheels are they?
    I thort that they were the 1st speedlines as in the 15" ones, but after looking at them closer, dont think thats wat they are.....any one else know.

L