Thread: Re: 1.4 sr posted by Scotte

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 1.4 sr posted by Scotte

I have driven MC's car and it is fucking fast. Off the mark it is lightning quick. I haven't driven a 2.0l conversion so I'm probably talking out of my arse so apologies in advance but I do wonder if a well sorted 1.4 isn't actually the best and cheapest route to the ultimate getting from pointA to pointB Nova. I should imagine that 200+hp is pants wettingly exhilarating once you're up and running but what about the handling characteristcs of the xtra weight under heavy braking into tight corners and all the wheelspin, torque steer not to mention the aggro of broken drive shafts?? I'm myself am a 1.4 converted to a 1.6 man and have no axe to grind but I would say in response to original question that you should stay with the 1.4 and get that sorted. Boring out is not really cost effective. Buying a 1.6 is easier and more effective if you're after xtra cubes but it ain't necessarily the best answer and will cost you. No offence to anyone intended - just how I see it:D PS I'm hoping to have some hp figures for my car by later next week so you can all take the piss then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: Re: 1.4 sr posted by Scotte

and breath :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The smaller engines are so much better for handling. By putting the 2.0 lump in the nova you mess all the weight distribution up and they dont like corners to much. And they wheelspin everywhere and torque steer like crazy. But i wouldnt change mine now i'm used to it. I've kept up with a few impreza's down the lanes:D

But i do know the lanes quite well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hows the Corsa GSI Engine in a Nova????

That conversion seems quite interesting!!!