Thread: nova 14i

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nova 14i

i have a nova with a 14 i (c14nz) and i want to fit a 16 cam the hydrolic tapits can resist the loops? I need to make some modifications?or there's no need or i will need to fit an adjustable cam pullys?
    thanks for your support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr i think i understand you but the cam you want is one from a 1.4nv engine. this will go straight in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the cam's fit 8)

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ granted, but the std one he "wants" to fit is the 14nv cam as bungle pointed out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the top-end is nice and quiet, just leave the lifters in, no need to replace them.
    Try and refit the followers/pads that you get with the new cam, in the correct order.
    I've recently fitted a gte cam to my 1200i, and its a let better than the standard cam, you wont feel a huge difference tho as the 1.4 cam is better than the 1.2 one i had, its still worth doing tho.
    My top end was really tappy, so i ended up swapping the lifters,followers and pads, as well as the cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live The Nova
    If the top-end is nice and quiet, just leave the lifters in, no need to replace them.
    Try and refit the followers/pads that you get with the new cam, in the correct order.
    I've recently fitted a gte cam to my 1200i, and its a let better than the standard cam, you wont feel a huge difference tho as the 1.4 cam is better than the 1.2 one i had, its still worth doing tho.
    My top end was really tappy, so i ended up swapping the lifters,followers and pads, as well as the cam.
    you have to be careful which 1.4 though as the nz has a lift of 5.20mm (inlet) and 5.60mm (exhaust) where as the 1.4 nv has lift of 6.12mm (both inlet and exhaust). and as i said the nv cam is the best of all standard cams. the indentification code is F by the way for the nv cam.

p.s. anyone measured the se cam as the haynes doesnt have its specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgo
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Live The Nova
    you have to be careful which 1.4 though as the nz has a lift of 5.20mm (inlet) and 5.60mm (exhaust) where as the 1.4 nv has lift of 6.12mm (both inlet and exhaust). and as i said the nv cam is the best of all standard cams. the indentification code is F by the way for the nv cam.

p.s. anyone measured the se cam as the haynes doesnt have its specs
    Yeah, my 1200i cam has something ghey and stupid,, like 4.60mm of inlet and 5.1mm on exhaust.
    The c14nz cam code is G, IIRC. So you can make sure its actually a 1.4spi cam your removing.
    So, yea, just make sure you are getting a 14nv cam, if you find someone that has one lying around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, i cant find the c14se cam spec in any manual i have, its not in any nova, mk3 astra, corsa manuals i have.

And make sure the cam you get aint actually worn down to give less lift than the cam you started with,.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed the 14nz code is G