Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wide arch Kits??????

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have the rear lights been moved out so they are on the edge of the rear pannel, the kit on that white one that you posted first looks like the kit will leave a pannel next to the light with nothing on it, but the cabby looks like they look where they should be

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check my feature and see mine, you will need wider bumpers, i have two wide arched front wings and two wide fibrglass gsi bumpers if interested, make me an offer, j

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blue wide arch nova is one i built a few years ago.
    You don't need wider bumpers i used the standard GSi onesthe front one will go one easily because the wings aren't much wider than the originals at the area where the bumper fits. the back bumper will need to be warmed up pulled out very slightly at each side.
    The kit comes very rough from the mould so don't be expecting to just bolt on and paint, it took me a long time to get it tidy and have all lines right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so bad where did u get her? i tak it u just get the 4 arches and the sill for the money not front and rear bumper as well

by the way it is a top lookin car.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brian, what happened to your wide arched gsi, looked a tidy car, did you have the same problem as me with the front wings being mk1 not mk2 i can see in your pic it doesnt quiet fit right?

Senior User
    St. Asaph Drives: Honda S2000 Drives: Passat TDi Drives: 106GTi Drives: 106XLD Drives: Swb Transit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still getting there.... and yeh he knows it needs a different intercooler... thats the next job ::

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the kit from Pro-Tec.
    For 350 i got arches and sills and for 500 you get that plus fibreglass bumpers. I'd say stay away from these bumpers because if they need the work the rest of the kit did they wouldn't be worth the bother.
    I sold the Engine first while i was finishing off the Next GSi, the green one and in the end sold the shell off too. its now a rally car.
    it wouldn't really matter whether the car is mk1 or 2 as regards the front wings because there is no cut out for indicators so you can cut full height for mk1 or leave a little piece at the bottom for mk2

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought exactly the same kit for mine but they only do them for the mk1 so i had to convert the front end to a mk2, why did you break a perfectly good car to build a standard one? i heard a romour you crashed the wide arched one?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why did you break a perfectly good car to build a standard one?
    I built another standard car as a reliable car because the wide arch one was too solid on the road. it was all rosejointed and not very drivable on Irish roads. The car was never as perfect as i wanted and every little problem pissed me off. i had top mounts fail and even one of the adjustable track control arms broke. when i had the suspension ok again i parked it. Then i had a buyer for the red top that was in it and eventually sold the shell.
    It was never crashed, funny how people come up with stories.