Thread: can you use any amp wiring kit on any amp??

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default can you use any amp wiring kit on any amp??

i got a 300w amp kit n a 900w amp + 300w vibe amp can i run both of these off the amp wiring kit? or will i need a higher rated + wire????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wireing Kit

Get a wireing kit that matches your amp! If your amp is drawing 900 watts through a 300 watt wireing kit ? then your wires might start to get hot and start smokeing, and then no more car.
    Ive seen a wire get hot becouse a higher currant than the wire can handle is going through it and it gets red hot then the plastic covering just melts off and fires start.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh as said above, buy a wiring kit that will suit your amps. If you want to run both off the same wiring kit then you will need to buy one that is at least rated to 900watts.

Senior User Premium User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan-hipgrave
    yeh as said above, buy a wiring kit that will suit your amps. If you want to run both off the same wiring kit then you will need to buy one that is at least rated to 900watts.
    not trying to b funny mate but he wud need at least a 1200w wireing kit as the 2 amps he wants to use r 1200w all together :wink:

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeh of course :oops:

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:idea: if i was u i would get at least 4 guage power cable with a 40 amp fuse! to run both amps off the same power cable your gonna need a power divider block where u put your main feed wire in and u can take upto four outputs power leads off all individually fused. autoleads do them and are about 20 quid plus the fuses u can get em from motorworld or halfords. for the two ams your gonna need two remotes and two sets of rca/phono leads, for your remote the easyest way is if there is only 1 coming from the head unit run it to where your amps are gonna b and put a connector block onto it with two leads exiting the block then connect 1 to 1 amp and the other to the other! as 4 your rca's/phono leads do u have 2 outputs on your headunit? if u do u run obviously two sets to the location of your amps and there are many differnt qualities of phono leads for you to look in to, you've got your cheapo ?9.99 up to ?79.99 its up 2 u how much u spend. if u only have one output on your headunit then u will have to get some phono lead splitters to run both amps available from motorworld or halfords. i hope thats some help to u!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get larger gauge mate, not sure on the rating you want tho..