Thread: HELP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HELP!

I have just fitted an Alpine Head Unit which works absolutely mint. EXCEPT, when i turn the ignition on and then turn on my head unit it flashes ASU on the screen. It then sets up the unit to all presets and volume levels etc. I then put in all my own settings and cruise along happily playing badboy tunes through my system. All is welll until i get back in my car the next time and turn it back on. The whole process is repeated and i have to wait feckin ages for it to run through its setup program. A mate of mine has the same head unit and his automatically saves all settings made wen it was last turned off and then keeps all the settings for wen he nexts turns the ignition on and it automatically powers up and all his background light settings, bass level, etc is still the same as wen he turned it off. I've looked through the manual hundreds of times and even got in touch with alpine to seek guidance but no-one knows wots rong. The ASU message at the start shud only cum on the first time its installed. Please help me!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have not put a permanent live to the memory, you have put a switched live in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Car Stereo

Look everyone needs a full time live to the cd player becouse it stores all your settings, if it hasant got a full time live and just an ignition live ? then it resets to factory mode and all settings are lost.
    So full time live for memory and ignition to turn the cd player off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do i put a permanent live in tho?? Ive looked on my vauxhall connector that plugs into the head unit and it has a battery lead and an ignition lead already in!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a wire connected directly to the battery or into somewhere that is permanently live, use a multimeter to check and haynes manual to locate the live feed. Once you are sure the wire is live permanently then just connect it to the permanent live pin on your head unit.
    Just use a multimeter on the switched live and permanent live, connect one meter point to the wire and the other onto an earth point(door lock mounting thing) and see if you get 12v without ignition and then 12v with ignitionon the switched live.