Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The day has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i can say being as i failed is take your time
    as i rushed i got 2 majors but everything else was
    perfect hence only got 3 minors but just dont rush
    Good Luck :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day before I sat My driving test (13 years ago - CHRIST :o ) I had a major row with the girl I was seeing. On the day of My test I couldn't care less if I passed or failed, I passed and the only point I got picked up on was doing 55mph on a 70mph dual.

Motto to the story:

Don't worry about it, go in to it with the attitude that if You pass You pass, if You fail You fail - so what. Just re-apply if You fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had mine on same time on sat and passed.

Heres my advice from the experience.....

Talk to the examiner straight away, be confident to talk to him while driving. Study the car and remember answers and how to check things such as lights. When u get in the car, make sure its in neutral, hand brake is secure before starting up. Look both ways twice at junctions, get in plenty of mirrors.

If u get on A1 or any sort of slip road, remember to check over shoulder as well as mirrors.

My dad says if u head bk or think u are in about 30mins of test, u normally passed. The 45mins is incase u struggle with nerves in the 1st half of test, giving u a chance to regain and show that u can do it.

Best of all good luck. Be calm, its not end of world and its not that hard. Let us know how u do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi
    Talk to the examiner straight away, be confident to talk to him while driving.
    I tried to make conversation with mine, and had abrupt no's or continue straight please etc. I wouldnt recommend speaking to him apart form hi unless you are spoken to . Hes there to examine you not be your friend :?

Good luck, make sure you are doing the limit if it is a dry day. U DO get marked for being under limit too . I did. Others did ^
    Keep HappY x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sh0rty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi
    Talk to the examiner straight away, be confident to talk to him while driving.
    I tried to make conversation with mine, and had abrupt no's or continue straight please etc. I wouldnt recommend speaking to him apart form hi unless you are spoken to . Hes there to examine you not be your friend :?
    Strange...i had a good chat with mine, found out where he lived, how long he worked for, wot car he drove, how many tests a day they did, he cracked afew jokes and was generally chatty once i spoke to him, i talked to him during manouvers too, i just kept up my observation and control too. Depends on the examiner i suppose, but it made me feel calmer talking to him.

Club Member Club Member peester's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shorty ya skirt wasn't short enough maybe.. then he would have of chatted all day long...
    "let me drive.. i won't make a fool out of you"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OI ! I wore trousers actually so that may have been it. he was well grumpy though, whereas my instructor cracked jokes and took the P* out of people constantly
    Keep HappY x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAILED.
    I can't believe it.
    2 minors for normal road position. 1 serious for one side of the car on the line during a bay park. It was that close that i thought it was in the bay so didn't move forwards to straighten up.
    Its true about the half an hour thing Jordi said, i was back in half an hour and failed at the last hurdle.
    It is a bit harsh though, why couldn't the examiner give a minor, it was a woman.
    2 minors, she commented on a excellent drives, she said it was one of the best drives she had in 6 years of examining.
    Sorry about the language, but it is fcuking boll**ks, a fcuking disgrace. Those were the words of me instructor
    ::
    Watch me on me next test have to do an emergency stop and a more difficult manouvere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah sorry to hear that man!

I passed today though! My 2nd time, so better luck next time round!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah get it booked again, 10days aint too long. Women are worse for failing says my instructor.