Thread: 2.0 info

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2.0 info

Ok guy's Ive been thinking about it for to long and really want to put a 2.0 16v (redtop) lump in my nova 8)

All I need to know is how much a I looking at paying just for the engine,brakes and other parts I need not the welding and fitting just all the parts I need as i know someone that can do the welding& fitting cheap

If pos a list of the bit's I need to :D

Cheers

Stu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second hand you can get the 16v redtop engine with F20 box, complete with ecu/wiring etc for about ?300-400.
    Brakes i would go for 16v astra discs/calipers, should cost around ?100 second hand.
    You need different driveshafts, i think, its either 22spline GTE ones or Cavalier TD, i can't remember for sure. Get from scrappy.
    Then you will need a mounting kit from somewhere like www.valvers.com ( i think thats the site)

So you are looking around the ?500 mark for most/all of the parts.

colchester and drives the mintest mk1 you ever did see
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or nova td shafts will be fine i can get you brakes for ?70 new from my mum and dont forget to add the cost of seam or stitch welding ya engine bay stu! also might be an idea to recon the engine whils its out of the car aswell new belts all round timing fan etc.... you dont wonna do a conversion then a belt snaps custom exhaust will be needed and a nice dent in ya wing so you can get the alternator to fit nova gte/gsi brake servo aswell as gte /gsi fuel lines and tank probly more but i cant think :?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mums blokes a welder :D and the bloke who fitted my SR engine said he'd fit a 2.0 in for a drink aslong as he could have a go because he never done one before and he's a very good friend of the family.

Will the engine put more value on the car aswell :?: because ive seen valvers goin for around 1500-3500 and they don't look nothin special

I'd rather bye the whole lot in one go off someone got the money there to do it it's just a case of insurance.

So im looking at arounde the 500 mark for the lot to put into my nova :?:

Love Machine?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben was selling noe cheap, you can probably do it for 500 easy if everything else is free

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need it in my area really as I ain't go no transport to collect it from that far away.

My mums bloke said if I ever want any welding done he's do it for me so thats saves me a few quid,and putting the engine in will prob cost me a case of stella breakfast,lunch and dinner for how ever many days it should take him to do it :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xe engines are going well cheap at the mo, your get a decent one for ?350.

I would recommend doing the cambelt and rollers, this will cost ?100

Brakes you could pick up for ?50 easy

Engine mounts from valvers - ?40

Driveshafts vary depending on what you go for, keep an eye out on ebay, theres usually some there.

Any performane nova exhaust should do the job as long as its atleast a 2" bore, ideally you want 2 1/4"

I would personally allow more than ?500, I think 800 would be more a realistic figure if you want to do it properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just keep your eye out in the local free ads for either rotten or crash damaged astra gte 16v's, cav gsi's, calibra 16v's etc.buy the whole car!then you can break it and sell the other remaining parts, you will also get to hear the engine running and know you've bought a goodun.
    i picked up an early chiped20xe/loom/box/shafts etc+front brakes, digidash, sideskirts etc from an astra gte for ?200.
    could have had the whole car for 250 but i didnt want the hassle of getting rid of the shell.
    btw, if you do buy one to break you should have more sellable bits from a cav gsi, as they have more electrical 'toys' etc to sell.
    they're out there, its just finding them...