Thread: how much do u get ripped off??!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how much do u get ripped off??!!

after finally giving up on my nova project due to moving to uni and no longer having income to support finishing it, i was going to invest in a tidy calibra to replace the nova.

well things have took a major change of direction and after shopping around for insurance, im done with cars for the time being and going back 2 my 1st love.... motorbikes

this has seriously made me realise how much we get Ripped OFF as car drivers. compare these prices and see what u think of the cost of driving a car compared to riding bike.

INSURANCE
    2l calibra 8v, with 3 years driving experience, 2 yr no claims, 1 crash, 3 points for speeding = ?1064 (3rd party fire theft)

vfr400 nc30, just passed test, zero no claims, 1 crash in car, 3 points speeding in car = ?530! (3rd party fire theft, helmet & leathers insurance included + unlimited european riding without informing insurance co.)

TAX
    car = ?88 for 6months
    bike ?33 for the year

instant saving of ?589 per year!!! :: :: ::

and taking into account that i prefere riding bikes to driving cars i think thats a fookin brilliant result ::

does make me wonder how insurance companies cam get away with charging you so bloody much :twisted:

Senior User
    St. Asaph Drives: Honda S2000 Drives: Passat TDi Drives: 106GTi Drives: 106XLD Drives: Swb Transit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't claim when your dead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheap insurance wont save your life if you crash on a bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no comment on that, jus depends on whether you prefere bikes or cars i suppose. the point of the post is to show how hideously expensive car insurance really is.

you cant claim if YOU crash either way if ya only covered by 3rd tpft whether ya in a car or on a bike so that factor makes no difference
    - but you still have to pay FAT amounts for ya insurance.

i wasnt bringing personal risk into the conversation thats not the point of what i was saying, i was jus showing that even though i am a reasonably experienced driver i still get robbed for car insurance like most other people, WHY?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novataken
    cheap insurance wont save your life if you crash on a bike!

no thats as maybe but a good helmet, back & kidney protectors, leathers boots and gloves along with sensible riding, care and attention in the 1st place probably will

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant get many birds on a bike though can ya. actually thinking about it, about the same as a stripped out nova

U can find me in tha fo'dot six nigga. In the backseat fondlin' ya bitch nigga.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by match
    a good helmet, back & kidney protectors, leathers boots and gloves
    don't forget to add that to your cost, and it ends up costing the same as a car anyway.

Plus the insurance prices are based on a 2000cc car and a 400cc bike, so it's not exactly a fair comparison.

And as much as i like bikes, they are not exactly convenient. I don't spend ?40 a time at the hairdressers to stuff my head in some sweaty helmet, you're not going to look that neat if you go somewhere far and need to wear a suit since you have to wear leathers and etc on top. In winter you freeze your ass off, and in summer you sweat like fuck. And driving over a wet leaf can make you crash. No thanks, i'll stick to haveing a car AND a bike for weekends, but never as primary source of transport.

Though there's not even mentioning the convenience or storage (i happen to like going shopping for clothes and etc), passengers (sexy females) and etc etc. Thse may not be 'costs' but they are something of 'added value'. Not to mention the added value of safety.

And insurance should be more, since a car will cause more damage in an accident, and takes more passengers so there is potential for more personal injury. Road tax should be more (even though it depends on size of engine) since a car takes up more space, and causes more wear and tear.

I would not say that car drivers are being ripped off more than bike drivers. Ecah person with a bike will pay dofferent ammounts of insurance, for example, as would people with cars, so you could not make a fair comparison based on that alone anyway.