Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 40 or 45

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as we're English that's not strictly true.That said, a lot of AmericaniZed spellings are being used now,especially in the media iv noticed.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I cannot believe this thread has got to 5 pages of absolute drivel, I know the lad put up a crÃ*p heading and a distinctive lack of what he needed but come on did it need so much poo slinging at him, and you wonder why so many say that this forum is "getting quite"...

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker View Post
    That makes just as much sense as the rest of your post, oh and people use the bull**** dyslexia thing all time, it's plain laziness 99% the time, and I can say this because I had genuine reading and spelling issues at school, but I'm a hell of a lot better now... Why? Because I made the long difficult struggle to better my self, so go swivel sir.
    Me and you both, my spelling now is still crap, thank god for Chrome and its spell checker. But trying really does help.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post
    I cannot believe this thread has got to 5 pages of absolute drivel, I know the lad put up a crÃ*p heading and a distinctive lack of what he needed but come on did it need so much poo slinging at him, and you wonder why so many say that this forum is "getting quite"...
    Lol 5 pages of me being dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Southie View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on boys i was only looking would a 40 profile or a 45 profile tyre is better on a set of 16 inch speedline that's a boys hope you can understand.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id say 16's are overkill on a little nova personally.

youll have to be carefull on the width of the tyres you get, as some people have scrubbing issues with as low as 185's

40 profile would offer a smidge more room below the arch, but with a harder ride.
    45 would be a bit more forgiving, but less arch clearance.

in the 185 department, you havent got much choice of tyre in 16 inch form either.

if you havent already bought the wheels, id reccomend 15's instead personally. more room for them, better options with tyres, and suit the size of the nova better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

195/40 R16 would be best for speedlines. That's what I would run, but 195/45 R16 would be cheaper as they are a common size for things like zetec S fiestas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob-mcgrew View Post
    id say 16's are overkill on a little nova personally.

youll have to be carefull on the width of the tyres you get, as some people have scrubbing issues with as low as 185's

40 profile would offer a smidge more room below the arch, but with a harder ride.
    45 would be a bit more forgiving, but less arch clearance.

in the 185 department, you havent got much choice of tyre in 16 inch form either.

if you havent already bought the wheels, id reccomend 15's instead personally. more room for them, better options with tyres, and suit the size of the nova better.
    Thanks the car came with the speed lines on it on a 40 profile tyre on it the two back tyre need changed got a adjustable coilovers on it the price of 40 to the price of 45 is a big difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balley View Post
    195/40 R16 would be best for speedlines. That's what I would run, but 195/45 R16 would be cheaper as they are a common size for things like zetec S fiestas.
    I have been told that too what 40 look better but 45 and a bit cheaper plus i get a ride

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 195/40 r16 on mine they seem to be a lot better clearance wise, it's not my daily so ride doesn't bother my too much