Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As sad day indeed.

Two things i have already predicted,

No state pension when i retire
    Paying for health care.

The future is pish for Scotland now. I very much doubt we will actually be "Better Together"
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bazil. since the rise of the SNP, there has been a massive anti-english thing going on north of the border. but hating england is probably the smallest consideration in deciding a country's future.

financial security is obviously everyone's biggest concern.
    NHS funding is, as was predicted a very long time ago (1947-8) reaching its limit, because there is an ageing population & not enough people are being born to keep the pot topped up. it worries us all.
    as for the state pension... it will carry on, but won't be that great, i've been paying into private schemes since i was 22.

we all have to make adult choices about our future, and most of them are not very nice ones.

ps. about the coal thing mentioned earlier... global coal prices are pegged to the dollar... when the pound is high, uk coal is worthless... Daw Mill colliery near coventry is sitting on an almighty reserve of top quality coal.. and they mothballed it earlier this year because it was losing a fortune. i believe that under EU rules, buying uk only coal in the uk is actually illegal (restraint of trade etc) so unfortunately, the coal industry will not be picking up any time soon....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti english because of the SNP?? Seriously WTF! please tell me you have some sort of evidence of this to back up your claim or is it just your opinion because its wayyyy off the mark and i should know as i live here!

I dont doubt that there is a minority of those who do not like english folk in the same respect there are those in England that do not like Scots but the majority of those who were fighting in glasgow last night were scottish pro union supporters, i was there i seen it with my own eyes.

Hating England has nothing to do with my vote, nor many others, being ruled by a government that that i didn't vote for and can still implement policy againt the will of the Scottish government is what i hate, its supposed to be a democracy but feels more like a dictatorship!
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am a keep reader of newspapers & listener & viewer of a lot of broadcast media.
    i think the political classes in scotland have been waging a dirty campaign for quite some time over the vote,
    maybe it is a view from my side of the border, but there are things that the scottish parliament have done to rub the english populations nose in it over the past few years to try & make us look inferior. at no time in the last couple of years have i heard an MSP actually come forward & say a single positive thing about westminster & england in general, it has all been upping scotland & downing england, we are still 2 regions of the same country, but this vote has opened some old wounds.
    the extra barnet formula money being used to provide free university places to offspring of scots residents, free prescriptions etc. does strike a nerve down here...when we are being hit with a massive austerity package to try to balance the books after the last lot spent it all.
    i've only been to scotland twice in my life & both times i've thoroughly enjoyed the visits, apart from the effing midges near fort william. i have no argument with normal people, just the politicians

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    NHS funding is, as was predicted a very long time ago (1947-8) reaching its limit, because there is an ageing population & not enough people are being born to keep the pot topped up. it worries us all.
    as for the state pension... it will carry on, but won't be that great, i've been paying into private schemes since i was 22
    The two major problem with the NHS are that people receive healthcare and treatment when they haven't paid a penny in, and that its massively overstaffed but with all the wrong people.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduction in ni for those who sign up to being shot in the face at 66, retire at 65 with a year to do yer bucket list.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or just stop blowing millions on people who don't pay in...

I wonder how many other INSURANCE providers would pay out for a claim made by someone without a policy? Why is the NHS/NI so different...?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1nova_rich View Post
    Or just stop blowing millions on people who don't pay in...

I wonder how many other INSURANCE providers would pay out for a claim made by someone without a policy? Why is the NHS/NI so different...?
    Fair do's, but no one bats an eyelid at massive companies avoiding corporation tax which could be used to fund it

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you pay tax if you could avoid it? I see the workshy dross I'm funding on a daily basis...they wouldn't get a dime if I had a choice in the matter

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree mate about the workshy, but you can't deny people who genuinely cannot work and cannot pay into a national insurance 'fund' as such free medical care, it's immoral. Companies that are avoiding corporation tax are as bad as benefit cheats but that's just my opinion. The fact is neither I nor you, the normal working man, can avoid paying tax but as soon as your earning umpteen million you can exploit loopholes and dodge it.