Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equal Length Driveshafts, Again... :)

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers again for the replies.
    Was a nova GTE running a XE on a F20, the whole conversion was a bit rushed so ive now ripped the lot out and building a LET with F28 and diff. Looking to get round 300-350hp running emerald ecu so im gna need solid shafts. I was told the shafts above are uprated and were used on a corsa LET.
    Heres a pic of what I ripped out if it helps, I cant get the CV out until ive got a bigger socket
    I will get the LMF shorter shaft if I have to but if I can do it by chopping and cutting for under a ton ill go with cheaper option.
    I saw the shafts in the above post and just jumped on them after I was told I could use them, but it was worth the bracket/bearing shaft if the shafts are no good.
    Not sure if the ones shown on the above picture are uprated, maybe you guys would know by looking? Ive only ever seen my ones
    If there not looks like im spending the cash on two new solid shafts..
    Last edited by r.wadge; 22-05-14 at 09:55 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the equal conversion shaft would only be around £70 a side.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£90 for short one, £80 for the other, plus p+p from LMF. Any one got contact info for griffin, from what I can recall from other threads they might be a bit cheaper.
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you can move the CV circlip groove on a Cav/cally shaft to effectively shorten it for use on a Corsa. Doesn't work for a Nova though.

Best off removing both the end shafts and measuring them, then getting measurements of some purpose built Nova ones from a member off here or someone who sells them. If they're longer, not worth faffing about modifying them just buy the proper shafts.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Iain.

Think im going to get some new ones, is a decent spec build so better off not skipping on decent shafts. The wallet keeps coming out for this build, and its going to have to come out a few more times yet.
    We all love to save a penny where we can though

Thanks again to all that have helped.