Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    money dosnt buy class mate
    True, peppermint green Maserati & Barbie pink Rollers, nasty!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by womble sri View Post
    Definitely! Had a convo the other day with a bloke in the pub with an R8 and said I'd smash him round a track! May have been the beer talking I should of asked him 'if y'all wanna race for pinks'
    Lol, when im sat at the lights with 1 hand ontop of the wheel lookin down on everyone like im dom 1 i forget that im in a 1.2 nova and not my 16v carbed mk2 golf anymore

Club Member Club Member womble sri's Avatar
    Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and a friend obliterated a Porsche in my old xe and he was in his Astra gte champion, we were either side of the porka and the guy was revving his engine up (we weren't mind he just thought he'd have a toy with us) and we both just launched it and left the guy in a cloud of smoke torque steering up the road until we reached the speed limit. You couldn't of drawn up a better sketch would of been brilliant if we had caught it on camera!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a 911 and Boxter S doing Brands end of the month. Bet I get dicked...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it, thought there would have been bigger police presence TBH. I like cars along with lots of other people but theres a time and a place and that wasnt it. Utter bellends the lot of them

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    good to see the cars getting used and not just wrapped up in cotton sat in a heated garage somewhere
    Are you smoking crack? They werent being 'used' they were being ranted up and down a highstreet much like the yoofs do with their HPI'd 1000cc compact hatcbacks.

I'd be more impressed if for example they took their 'supercars' (note I only saw TWO supercars in that program, the rest were just mildly expensive sports cars) to Germany and hooned up and down the Autobahns at 300Kmh AND/OR took them to the Ring to prove that a) they can drive and b.) that their amazingly pimped cars can actually do what was intended of them.

I can see both sides of the argument with regards to the noise etc... Time and a place, NOT for 12hours outside someones house, and not doing 70-80 in a sodding 30 zone!!!

Club Member Club Member womble sri's Avatar
    Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Are you smoking crack? They werent being 'used' they were being ranted up and down a highstreet much like the yoofs do with their HPI'd 1000cc compact hatcbacks.

I'd be more impressed if for example they took their 'supercars' (note I only saw TWO supercars in that program, the rest were just mildly expensive sports cars) to Germany and hooned up and down the Autobahns at 300Kmh AND/OR took them to the Ring to prove that a) they can drive and b.) that their amazingly pimped cars can actually do what was intended of them.

I can see both sides of the argument with regards to the noise etc... Time and a place, NOT for 12hours outside someones house, and not doing 70-80 in a sodding 30 zone!!!
    It was a joke, I can understand the residents complaints, but also share the interests of all the enthusiasts like the lad that was recording them. But for these guys to come over here and do **** laps around the city centre is ridiculous! I agree with the autobahn or maybe a little less conservative and round the M25! The bit were he had the aventador confiscated was good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having driven on the autobahn, i can say that the driving standards are much higher than on british motorways, and supercars will be properly able to drive at speed. there are a few american states where in daylight, on highways away from urban areas the speed limit is 'safe & prudent' which means make sure the local sheriff has a donation to his xmas fund & off you go....
    i would also imagine that there is more than enough motorway being built in the world for people to have a thrash on yet to be opened sections of road..