Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: y do they do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default y do they do it?

i passed my test on thursday n since that day i have been followed by the police. 1 hr after i had passed (with only 2 minors :D ) i was bein followed and the dont even follow be for a little bit they followed me for bout 20 miles... from and back to town.

i dont drive like a nob racin around every where but they persist in following me... the lastest one tonight.

is there anythin i can do bout this coz its pissin me off??!!

Senior User
    Caaaaardiff, Is:A Sheep Shagger, Drives:Slow astra, Building:my hopes up
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put the green letter P in the car to show your a new driver! maybe they can see your nerves whilst driving, although u think u aint got em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best thing to do, is not react. Make sure your car is 100% road legal, so no worn out tyres, blown light bulbs or anything like that. Just drive carefully. If they start to stop you for no reason repeatedly, and its the same officier thats stopping you, after the 3rd of 4th time of them stopping you, get their badge and make a formal complaint of harrasment at the police station.

Other than that, just continue to drive normally and dont do anything to attract their attention.

Jim
    WIP

Small Block Club Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive already been pulled for a 'routine' check they searched it from seat belts to tyres to exhaust. lucky i take good care of it.
    they are really bad round here.... my m8 had to sell his xr2i coz they followed him every turn and it was many different cops not just the same one over n over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got harrased by police loads, due to the car and convictions on my liscence i was told. Wrote a letter of complaint and received an apology by the 'cheif constable'

since then i havent had no troubles but i havent evem seen a cop car for awhile anyway.

since april ive been pulled numerous times, had 4 full viechle inspections, 19 producers and 3 defect slips with my car which ive had to get stamped by an mot station and send to the police.

when my mum and i wrote the letter, i had got all the dates/times of being pulled over and the majority of the coppers ID numbers and names, which was very helpful when writing the letter for using this as evidence.

if you think you can live when it then great but i was getting so fcuked off i couldnt take anymore.

Gaz

cage it and brave it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can pull over and pre-tend to be on your mobile. that pi**es em off. you aint doing nought wrong. if they stop, ask them if theres a problem. if you get in there face, but nicely then they cant do squat.
    my mate got pulled, the cop said his tyres were illegal, he laughed at them and said i'm on way back from car passing mot. cop got in car and drove off.
    my other mate gave a cop the finger, cause he pulled out on him. so he said to the cop to sod off or he'll report him for dangerous driving.

som truck drivers i know deliberately speed infront of the cop. when asked, he replies, thought i'd give you a reason to pull me, instead of wasteing my time. the cops dont like it.

like the others said, keep a cool head and ignore them.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been pulled twice in a week supposedly cause i have no seat belt on i sarcasticly point out i have harnesses. But i didnt mind being pulled 2nd time the guy was fit

cage it and brave it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one track mind there tilly.....now wheres that breast post gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toss a beer can out the window then swerve

cage it and brave it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)