Thread: doing my lessons

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default doing my lessons

started doing my driving lessons done my first one yesterday and got told i am a rather good driver so hopefully it wont be to long before i get on the road and will be able to attend meets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paddy quinn View Post
    started doing my driving lessons done my first one yesterday and got told i am a rather good driver so hopefully it wont be to long before i get on the road and will be able to attend meets
    Remember they tell every learner that to boost their confidence on the road

But in all seriousness, good luck buddy! being able to drive is one of the best things possible

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being able to drive and being a good driver are two hugely different things.... good luck though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1_ben View Post
    remember they tell every learner that to boost their confidence on the road

but in all seriousness, good luck buddy! Being able to drive is one of the best things possible
    when i learnt, they kept telling me not to hit the bloke carrying the red flag, so at least things have improved..

Are you planning to wear a short skirt for your test?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people are natural drivers, you could be one but the most important advise is to relax,dont panic,and when you fek up just chill and it'll all go to plan, gd luck and dont go nuts when and if you do pass

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrT View Post
    some people are natural drivers, you could be one but the most important advise is to relax,dont panic,and when you fek up just chill and it'll all go to plan, gd luck and dont go nuts when and if you do pass

Couldn't agree more! I had my first lesson a couple of weeks ago and almost went into a telegraph pole, i'd panicked and instead of steering had put my foot down on the accelerator. Scared the life out of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya. View Post
    Couldn't agree more! I had my first lesson a couple of weeks ago and almost went into a telegraph pole, i'd panicked and instead of steering had put my foot down on the accelerator. Scared the life out of me.
    My little sister did the same on one of her earlier lessons, driving on a back lane, the corner came up to fast and she panicked and pressed the wrong pedal, made a nice scrape across the front of her bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a school friends brother was being taught by his mum, who was an evil psycho school teacher bitch, and as they approached a bend, there was a tractor coming the other way, about 200yds away, and she yelled at him to watch the tractor, so he did, instead of watching where he was going, drove straight on, up a bank & stuck the car on its roof.. it happened right outside my dads house.. the lad gave up driving, and is now a missionary....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck mate,from my experience the only advice i could give you is just try and make the instructor/examiner feel safe and comfortable in the car with you behind the wheel ,you should be alright mate good luck.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way is to get into the learners routine and it will all fall into place. Once you are comfortable controlling the car the rest is all straight forward.