Thread: Decent hidden/stealth speakers on the saloon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Decent hidden/stealth speakers on the saloon?

Hi everyone, and greetings from Portugal

I have just been offered a '91 Mk2 saloon as my first car, and i'm trying to figure out how to add some decent sound (speakers) to it.
    However, i would like it to:
    1) be stealth, or even hidden, if at all possible
    2) on the cheap side.

Currently it has two old 4"x6" on the rear and another pair on the dash - the right one isn't working... tried removing them from underneath (both sides, removed glove box) but looked impossible to do any work in that space.

Though i have read a lot of topics on this, i am still unsure on what the best way to proceed is...

I'd like to avoid buying an amp/sub for the rear, but would also anjoy having *some* bass.
    Fitting larger speakers on the small "shelf" thing on the back is probably out of the question since it would mean cutting the metal underneath it, but also having a big "come and get me" sign...

My stereo is pioneer 4x50w (22w RMS)

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by jci_pt; 26-01-11 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6x9s in the back would be the best way to some bass without having a sub and amp.

If I wanted to keep things stealthy, I'd remove the trim over the rear shelf, cut in the speakers to the metal below so they sit low down in that, then replace the shelf trim - so hiding the speakers underneath. Its only thin plastic so shouldn't block the sound much.

As for the front speakers, you might find it easier to remove the dash or loosen its mounting bolts enough to tip it forward and get better access behind it