Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: section 59

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were watched because we were all mechanics and back then (around here anyway) mechanics had a reputation for wrecklessness (sometimes warranted)..

Anyway, a mate of mine got stopped in his Mk2 Astra (early 90s), made his gob go just that bit too much and felt the full wrath of Northumbria traffic for the next 6 months..

Think he was pulled twenty times+

Lesson learned, he moved on too...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli
    i rarely got stopped in novas....... maybe i've been lucky..
    I have been pulled once technically, and that was when i got a section 59,
    tbf i was going more than 30 in an industrial estate (about 40-45 tops)
    Police pull me over to tell me to slow down and to turn my subs off and were about to let me head off, but at this point i quite smugly pointed out that i had no headunit and had no interior in the back at all except a nova boot i picked up early so was impossible for me to have my subs on . He went bright red pulled out his little notepad and gave me a section 59, i do look back and just wished i just smile and nodded but hey hoy, learn from your mistakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Police are only cunnts if your a cunnt.
    Had many,many dealings with them in my teens for driving offences.They were all sound with me because i treat them with respect,even when id been a total tool,i just apologised.You act like a scumbag,shouting,swearing and the like and you will be asked to assume the position.Its quite simple really.And the younger ones are on a power trip yeah,but dont give them anything to have a go about and they wont have a go.Theres a time and a place for dikking around.........
    i totaly agree with you there andy i was caught speeding in my old focus copper was sat under the bridge with the gun pointing up the road as i came round the bend he got me 64 in a 40. he asked me how fast i was going i said 60ish could have lost my licence (was still on 2 years probation) but because i was straight up he was right with me

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    when youve come out of court, and are stood with your family, and 2 traffic pigs walk up and tell you that the minute your back behind the wheel they will not let you drive anywhere without being pulled,
    And I would have informed them "I have two witnesses of their intent to harras, of which I will inform IPCC, btw, can I have your collar number?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    i got tugged twice for 2 roadside checks in a week, tells you cops are bent.
    I tells me they have a small brain! Small things amusing small minds et al.

When I had an Audi S3 I used to have plates which looked illegal. (Those cut out plates, where the edge follows the profile of the numbers). Thing is, they were 100% legal. So much so I printed off and carried a 43 page copy of the number plate legislation from HMSO. I was stopped at least every month or so for four years.... every time I gave them the documentation and asked them to show me the law I was breaking, if I was, I would be happy to change my plates. The odd one reported me to CPS, but as there was no crime committed, I was never summonsed.

Anyhow, the point is, I never got annoyed or pi55ed off. I was open and mild mannered through the 'inspection'. Id got all the time in the world. The only time wasted was theirs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken a couple of police id badges off them in the past

Working on the doors of bars and clubs etc off duty plod are usually biggest trouble makers, the minute they flash a warrant card we would snatch it off them and then pop in the local station on the way home to drop it off informing the duty sergent that they had tried to use there influence whilst under the influence, they do not like getting done for that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I have taken a couple of police id badges off them in the past

Working on the doors of bars and clubs etc off duty plod are usually biggest trouble makers, the minute they flash a warrant card we would snatch it off them and then pop in the local station on the way home to drop it off informing the duty sergent that they had tried to use there influence whilst under the influence, they do not like getting done for that!
    haha love it! + rep!