Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *HOW TO* Remove rear quarter windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quickest way ive seen of removing them is using your feet. took literally 30 seconds

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to refit add perspex instead

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i took a small piece of cloth and cabletied that to the end of the screwdriver.
    if its slips, youre not scratching youre window.

the sealer is easely removed with the same sealer.. just make a ball and stick it to any peaces left.
    when refitting the front screen, i never use sealer, and my windows have never leaked. also i always get a new rubber when the old one is full with sealer.
    new rubber is 60 euro at Carglass. (well.. here it is )

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgo
    quickest way ive seen of removing them is using your feet. took literally 30 seconds

Seconded, feet on the glass push firmly and pull the rubber down with your fingers and have someone outside the vehicle to grab the glass and help prise it out.

Refitting is easy too, wrap a length of wire (old speaker cable will do nicely) in the rubber where the lip of the bodywork sits, hold the glass inplace from the outside while your assistant pulls the wire into the car, pull it along the glass either directly up or down depending if youre starting at the top or bottom but i find the bottom is easier to start from, and as you gently pull the wire out it lifts the lip of the seal over and into the car, do this all the way round while your assistant pushes the glass home from outside and push the rubber seal into plcae as you go round, should only take a few minutes from removal to refitment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly
    Seconded, feet on the glass push firmly and pull the rubber down with your fingers and have someone outside the vehicle to grab the glass and help prise it out.
    i didnt beleave bodgsi when he told me, so then stood back and watched and out it popped