Thread: Performance Vauxhall Show 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Performance Vauxhall Show 2008

First, a massive thanks to admin for sorting the event tickets etc
    Was a great weekend, camping conditions were a nightmare, but worth it just to see Mikes bbq

Cool to meet so many new faces, Dan, Cp,Stu,Si,CG,Ade etc as well as the usual faces, Lol

The stand looked FANTASTIC, so many immaculate cars, plenty of people taking pics. Probably the biggest turnout we will see at one event.
    Us last few left at about 5.45, and were out the gates for 6
    Managed to beat my 1/4 pb too. Pics/vids later

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PV Report: 08/06/08

Just my take on today. Was a great day out - but felt very short for us particulary due to the hurrendous traffic, and not actually getting onto the club stand until about 10:30/11:00am.

Firstly - big thanks to Dan & Lee for organising the day and the stand - looked fantastic

It was nice to meet some more new faces, please forgive me should I miss anyone off, but Dan, Kev W, Rexy, Riggy, RJ, SRimon, Linz, CP, MC, Jim, JohnH

Along with the regulars including panseyunder'a'queer

So lets rewind... Up at 5am, here a rumble from nova ians Nova at about 6am, as he was travelling down with me.

Departed at 6:20am, to meet Oli (dhdev) and his mate Colin just down t'road at 6:30am, got there - no sign, so drove around for about 15mins, still no sign, tried calling, no answer... hmmm

Decided I needed a cr*p (thought I'd add that bit in, as it was particulary funny) so we parked up in an entrance to a cul-de-sac and I decide to walk 300 yards down to the petrol station to see if they have customer toilets... Oli didn't decide to turn up just as I started walking... ohhhhh nooo, when I was just about getting ready to be more comfortable (if you get me)... I hear this almighty rumble and see these two round headlights pointing at me, ffs, its Oli - I was almost there!

So walked back and introduced myself as we'd never met, and he threw a couple of bits in the Jeep to save them clanging about in his Nova - whilst they were mingling, I decided to go toilet - ahhhhhhhhhhh

OK, so, we just on the motorway, and there are just these two noiseboxes waking everyone up in the surrounding villages, what a couple of Olly/Oli chavs

So we have a little play on the motorway, I had Oli in stitches whilst pulling up next to him and dropping it down into 1st gear, whilst on the motorway ready to give it some beans - so off we went, calmed down, and again and so on, until we got bored.

Then we had this random White Nova 1.3 SR, join in our convoy, and they were frantically waving at me as if they knew me, so I just politely waved back

So, we're storming - we hit the A45 traffic diversion at Northampton, still on schedule here - we'd also joined another group of Oli's friends at this point (nova neil iirc)

I decide to take the lead of the convoy as I had the TomTom, so we came off the A45, due to the roadworks, and blatently ignoring the massive yellow DIVERSION signs, I decided to follow the TomTom, which, in turn, was leading us into a big circle back on to the A45 which was closed doh!

So Oli takes over the convoy, and we get on our way again.

We get to Wellingborough/ Poddington then onto the country lanes and here it was about 08:15am, and we thought - ahh thats better, only 3 miles to go... and then traffic hit.

To save this thread from suicide, I shall fast forward 3 hours of sitting in queues of traffic, and travelled a total of 2.5 miles Yup - didn't get onto the PNG stand until about 10:30/11am ish.

I know this was totally out of Dan & Lees hands, and by all accounts we were royally shafted but I felt that we were too far away from the action, couldn't actually be further away from the grandstand etc... In fact, we must have been the furthest away?

All in all, a great day, not burnt as I prepared with suncream, took in excess of 400 photos.

If you're still reading - well done as I'm half asleep, so I hope it made sense!

Just a couple of photos coming shortly...
    Last edited by trackdaynova; 08-06-08 at 10:39 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice report olly, car looked awesome today matey!

Jay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pod has always had crap access. Bonfire night 2006 I queued for 3 hrs to get out of the carpark!!!!!

Moo Motorsport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to meet you olli cheers for taking the pics for us fella.

Club Member Club Member peester's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye, lemme pics see see

that telescoping rocket thing for the camera looked mad :-)
    "let me drive.. i won't make a fool out of you"

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not watermarking the images, so please should anyone use them elsewhere, it'd be nice for you to mention who took them (www.NeoCapture.co.uk).

Thanks

SRimon

Stand shot

Oli & other trackers

Riggys bay

Rex & Rig - wheeheyyyyyyyy (personal joke)

Full car shot

Bens smallblock

Said smallblock
    Last edited by trackdaynova; 08-06-08 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im actually glad I camped if trafflc was that bad. Sounds a right nightmare.

Good to meet you again
    I agree with Dave, the camera "stand" was impressive
    Last edited by Adam; 08-06-08 at 10:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice report dude. cant beleave you had to cue fr 2.5 miles....**** that

Club Member Club Member peester's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aye all sub 16 sec wasnt it dude.. u looked right at home, from where i was sittin..
    "let me drive.. i won't make a fool out of you"