Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Engine Nova Project

Club Member Club Member fearless's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you planning on keeping those chassis legs as they are - An engine and box won't fit between them - Trust me - I Know

Dave
    Dave France - The talent behind Fearless Motorsport Developments (FMD), creator of many a feature car including Brett Warburton's NovaWRC TotalVX cover car - a test run for my own project !!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks very interesting. hope it all goes to plan, best of luck and lookforward to seeing some more pics as it progresses.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fearless
    Are you planning on keeping those chassis legs as they are - An engine and box won't fit between them - Trust me - I Know

Dave
    The legs are further appart than a standard corsa C bay-legs, the only problem I forsee is that I might have to do some chopping on the passenger side to make some space for the box

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can see this thread being a replication of the 4x4 cosworth powered nova, at the start everyone was just moaning and saying nah it wont work etc until they were proved wrong, good luck mate.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I'd rather build a spaceframe unit holding a hayabusa engine with drivetrain and suspension atatched that would simply bolt in, but good luck with it chum.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the angle it looks like those chassis sections will be in the way of the struts and driveshafts (this is why front chassis rails are the shape they are, the engine doesnt look like it will go between them, so does the subframe sit on top? making it too high? i havent seen the corsa C subframe, which is why iam not immediatly jumping on the "what a waste of a mint shell" bandwagon, but i shall be keeping an eye on you and your project.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sub frame goes under neath.. The rails are at the same height as the rails on a corsa c.. and they are the same width.. The track is wider on a corsa C so the turrets will be right next to the wings.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iam glad you have considered the possiblilities before violating a clean nova. i look forward to a series of pictures also.

it is also better to use a clean nova our RE RWD nova was difficult as there was nothing left 'solid' that the subframe could be welded to and subsequently cracked and failed, due to other projects and customers orders we had to abandon it as there was no time and no more good shells in our yard.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had some 'issues' with storage but the project is back on course..

Middle of the factory rails will be chopped out between the uprights for the subframe.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you realise how HIGH that things sitting? to keep the car level ,the suspension turrets will have to be low as hell with rediculous angle on the drivesharft, itl eat CVs. i mean, the sub-frame is level with the door locks on the B posts!
    or is it just the perception from the photo?