Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BIGS Saloon XE Project (baby Xe lol)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BIGS Saloon XE Project (baby Xe lol)

Well dan drove down my mates garage earlier on today in the rain. his car was full of stuff, should have taken a picture. x16xe in the boot, hoist in the back as well as a fuel tank and the engine bits haha.

Anyway, i cycled down as my cars are off the road at the moment as dan stripped all the crap out of the engine bay and disconnect the 1.2 i was helping my friend change the clutch on his civic sr v-tec...

It pi*sed down with rain for quite a bit of the time, i was under a big sheet so we were fine doing the clutch, poor dan out in the rain.

1.2 is out, and the x16xe and f15 is now in, just gotto pop one shaft back 1st thing tomorrow as we couldnt be bothered tonight .

heres a couple pics i took while we were there.

Oh yeah the clearance looked absolutly perfect for the multi V belt (wide/flat belt) it even looks like this is another one ive dont which wont even need the chassis leg touching to clear the alternator pulley... its wierd how some are too close like when doing a c20xe conversion.?

I thought i took some more photos , pretty sure dan has some he will upload

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks chris for doing that, well here are my pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good pic work CP - had to double take to notice the difference!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big choice tomorrow, do i help with the loon, or do i finish off a friends XE corsa conversion or finish of another friends astra GSi C20LET conversion ?

the engine bay is a bit manky as you can see, dan promises if its good weather he will give it a good clean and treat the small bits of surface rust and then at least prime some of the bay . just to make it look a little better. not important for the moment its to get it sorted and on the road, as the engine will come back out in the nr future anyway when the gte is on the road.
    if its better than what it is now then thats good i think, perfection does not count here. more of a thrash around/mess around sleeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saloon vs Corsa vs Astra?

I don't see the dilemma in that one, the saloon is of course the obvious choice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good work.
    Id be wary running that wide belt though, yeah they fit in fine, but under hard cornering..... Id rather have piece of mind and fit a slim v-belt tbh(hence why i did that on mine)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a dirrty a s s engine bay.......

Nice work getting it in. Just need to wire her up next!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea its very dirty but im going down soon to sand it and give it a first coat of primer. if i can find motivation tho

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be all good adam, last one i done looked a little closer and never had a single problem with the wide belt, never touched on hard cornering. i remember having an argument on mig about it , people saying it physicaly cant be done with a wide belt . knowing myself that i have allready done it ..

hopefully our clearance is fine:D

yeah dan is supposed to be there now cleaning the bay ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well not much of a update really but here is what ive done today, bit poor really should leave it till ive got more. well had to walk into town first to buy some primer ( five mile walk ) then walk to the garage to start to sand and prep the engine bay. Got there and started to hammer it down with rain again . so another day working in the rain. So got the sand paper and started to sand most of the bay ready. just got a bit more to do on the passenger turret , bulkhead and driver side inner wing. well what you think? looks abit better already imo. going back down tomorrow to hopefully put some primer on if its not raining