Thread: - Mk1 Speakers -

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking - Mk1 Speakers -

Urite people I have just bought my first nova ... an fancy makin a few changes av already got 2 x 1000w JBL's a couple of kenwood 6x9's and a decent jvc head .... just wundering how do i go about gettin them speakers out of ma dash were do i start ... is it easy or shall i just leave em ??? I wud prefer to get em out tho as i wen a " crank the tunes " it starts sounding $#!T I do plan on also puting some speakers in the door .... orr yeah wen i do manage to get to em ( with minimal damage ) how big are they ??? ... cheers boiz ... Nev

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey mate welcome, i wouldnt text speak on here if i was you else admin might get a bit cranky abit it! but as for the speakers i wouldnt even bother just leave them there if your going to use them or not! put some doors speakers in much easier! else it a matter of taking the dashboard out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditch the dash speakers and get some decent ones in the doors, or run a crossover so the dash speakers act as tweeters - though you'll still need some woofers in the doors.

Also, please stop typing like an imbecile, else Stuart will get angry

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the advice , ma next question is can anyone give me any good tips on how to make some decent speaker pods .. ? ? all advice and pics appreciated .. cheers :D :D :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a 5 door right?? There is precious little room in the door cards for any speaker pods. I had a 5 door with wind up windows, the only place I could see that speaker pods would work were right down in the corners otherwise the winders would foul pretty kuch anywhere on the door card and even then they'd stick out too far as you can't cut the door card much. If this was the case, you'd spend a lot of time kicking/knocking them!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb
    You have a 5 door right?? There is precious little room in the door cards for any speaker pods. I had a 5 door with wind up windows, the only place I could see that speaker pods would work were right down in the corners otherwise the winders would foul pretty kuch anywhere on the door card and even then they'd stick out too far as you can't cut the door card much. If this was the case, you'd spend a lot of time kicking/knocking them!
    very good point mate i have been looking at them today but a dint want to start cutting the cards obviously , av been thinking about maybe trying to get some good little bose speakers or some thing and just using them making a little fibreglass pod , oh yea a spotted a little place just to the outside of the sunvisor a could get some little tweeters ..