Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: widest wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you have been that way inclinded all your life?

actualy im a electrical/machanical engineer
    anyway back to topic. Yeh i no i need new tyres. wheels ok? what front springs do i need to look for with a xe lump?

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends what you want to do with the car...
    decent coilovers for keen road/track use or for simple road use Bilstein fat yellows are fine.

for a mech engineer you seem to have a slack idea when it comes to vehicle dynamics..... then again I know a lot of mech engineers that are completely lost when they leave their special little area of a car (ie people that know gearboxes far too well but crumble when it comes to changing a wheel )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what can i say. Only owned a car for a year. have no mechanical back ground. Family are not mechanicaly inclined. Only owned a nova for 3 weeks. Never been involved in motorsport, but i know my corsas inside out.

not going to be a specilist track car but would like it to handle ok

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01pearsonj
    yeh well im 17 and when the opertunity rises like that you dont realy want to drive slow and see how it handles

You're a tit.

Of course you want to see how it handles then you know the limits of your car, what it can and can't do. That way you may drive quickly but you are also aware of the limitation of the car and yourself so you don't end up being an accident waiting to happen.

People aren't giving you the slow down advice for nothing. I've been there and done that (written off one car - not pleasent) and at the ripe old age of 26 am offering you the same advice. Slow the **** down and learn about your car.

For example, I'm sure there must be lanes near you that nobody uses. Drive that a few times to learn the route and then begin to speed up. Of course you might have a huge crash whilst doing this but hey-ho.

Track Days would be a much safer alternative...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_L

You're a tit.

Of course you want to see how it handles then you know the limits of your car, what it can and can't do. That way you may drive quickly but you are also aware of the limitation of the car and yourself so you don't end up being an accident waiting to happen.

People aren't giving you the slow down advice for nothing. I've been there and done that (written off one car - not pleasent) and at the ripe old age of 26 am offering you the same advice. Slow the **** down and learn about your car.

For example, I'm sure there must be lanes near you that nobody uses. Drive that a few times to learn the route and then begin to speed up. Of course you might have a huge crash whilst doing this but hey-ho.

Track Days would be a much safer alternative...........

ffs when in all this convo did i say that i had a full day driving this car? I drove it 4 like 2 mins!!!!!!!!
    Why comment if you arnt going to answer my question

god dam sad c***