Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to lie about the engine size, why bother even getting a policy? As it won't be worth the paper its written on.

Incidentally, I had a letter from DVLA today, with my V5 back. B'stards want an engineers report, and haven't updated the V5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have had sevrall serveyers come at and look at trashed cars at my work place and they havent even opend the bonnet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    If you're going to lie about the engine size, why bother even getting a policy? As it won't be worth the paper its written on.

Incidentally, I had a letter from DVLA today, with my V5 back. B'stards want an engineers report, and haven't updated the V5.
    Jack, i've been having the same problem with the retards at the dvla for months now, get some sort of letter off to them sharpish, you may not make pvs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i change it to 1.4 on log book what will they say coz i was gonna tell them and change it on log book then wen i put reg on insurance company website it will cum up 1.4 and go from ther or will i get a letter back wen i change it on log book?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, i'm having trouble reading the text type with no punctuation. (stu will kick your **** for text type, it's not accepted on here).

Whichever way you do it, you need to notify the dvla/your insurance company of ANY changes to your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was hoping i could just change it to 1.4 on the log book then when i go to insure it online i will put in the registration and it will come up as a 1.4? im getting the impression that its not that easy. can some one tell me exactly what i need to do and how long it will take and roughly how much its going to cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you have changed the information with the DVLA, it should appear on insurers websites as a 1.4. You will probably need proof for the DVLA that the engine has indeed been swapped, via an engineers report from a garage of some description. Cost will be varied on how much the garage want for a report, but it wont be much.

Insurance will be expensive as it has had an engine conversion, but again, how expensive is varied.

Long and short of it, if you dont tell the DVLA its got a bigger engine, your liable for tax fraud as youll be in a lower bracket with the smaller engine. If you dont tell your insurers, you will be uninsured anyway, and getting caught will carry the same penalties.

Its a pain in the ass I know, but not keeping yourself legal in these areas is irresponsible as your putting other people at risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i work in a garage im the apprentice can i get a report from my boss who is qualified technician? how long will it take for the dvla bit take to get sorted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long is a piece of string?