Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *HOW TO* fit a digi dash into a mk2 nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pulled the dash out to find the bulbs on either side are blown....

didnt do too bad getting that dash in in 3 hours ish all i need now is the transducer, but the wires are there ready for it to go so 5 minutes work and its finished....

also i have found that if you join the two grey/green wires on the white plug that your dash will be brighter these must be the wires for the dash light dim function on the astra

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I'm the Gareth Lewis who did that diagram 7 years ago, I'm feeling old now :D

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im having problems with mine, the speedo isnt working? It just stays at 0mph. Everything else works fine...rev counter etc, any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check the wire thst calculates the speed isnt broken, ensure the connection is good, if that fails may be worth trying to find a new transduccer
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does that diagram work with a 1.0 nova dash loom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep it sure does, the guides based on the one i installed on my 1.0l nova matey
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive read your guide and fitted mine, it was working the other day then i fitted the transduer and a wire to the coil for rev counter now my dash wont come on at all. think im goin to take it to the auto spark for some help. the indicators do you run the wires from the dash to the stalk (black, white/ black ,green) because i have these wires on the loom, as well i connected these the black, white / black ,green to the dash wires the same time as the dash cut out ive checked the black wire that seems fine the bat went dead also can you help mate any ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the coil wire earthing out atall? check its all earthed out etc

also yes they need to be spliced into the stalks, as the astra has individual left and right indicator lights whereas the novas originally had just onee light for both sides

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to that,instead of splicing into the wires for the indicator stalks,i just attached the wires from digi dash to the terminals on the stalk.Its not as pikey as it sounds and works perfect,just by wrapping the wire round the spades

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Further to that,instead of splicing into the wires for the indicator stalks,i just attached the wires from digi dash to the terminals on the stalk.Its not as pikey as it sounds and works perfect,just by wrapping the wire round the spades
    top tip there