Thread: speakers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default speakers

what size speakers are in the dash of a 1992 nova? put a screwdriver through 1 of em like a pleb and can any1 recommend some good new 1s to get, think they are alpine at the moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10cm if I remember correctly. I got some of these, they were quite a tight fit but they went in (just).

In my opinion you'd be better off mounting some speakers in the front doors.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the speakers in the dash can be replaced by removing the speaker covers and the air vent first . You,ll need small hand for the next bit , and be warned knuckles may get a good scraping. Put your hand up the air vent hole till you get to the speaker ,thay can be removed by turning them . I replaced mine with 4 inch magnavox 150watters , using zip ties to keep em in place , it was a heck of a job to fit em , and some of the cardboard souround need to be trimmed , to let the speaker pulse with no interference . but with patience - job done. I found it preferable to keep the speakers in this location for 2 reasons . 1. out of sight - security . 2. At this level ( ear like ) the sound was brilliant and no tweeters were needed to be included. My system was pumped thru a 6oo watt amp , it sounded awesome.It really was a stormer .

But then the car was put up for sale , so it all came out , and was replaced with a cheap pair of speakers in this position , running from a normal head unit , and in tandem a with small amped bass tube ( ebay )for bass . This was all put in before i sold my nova .. all basic stuff ( kenwood 70 watt peaks - ?15.00 ) and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised by the results . The new owner is as happy as larry with the sounds as well....check ebay out mate...Or if you wanna put some dollars into it all I certainly recommend Magnavox or pioneers ...but in my mind this is the REAL location for speakers.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by sickrabbit; 16-06-06 at 03:20 AM.